yb100 was missing now dead

charliep1982
This post is 4746 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As usual HELP!!!!!!

my yb had just passed its mot, then it began missing at the top of second third and fourth. Then throughout third and fourth. it slowly faded from there. Now it just won't start. I have checked the spark and it looks good, I have looked at the fuel system and again looks good. Spoke to someone who suggested the condenser. Is this possible and how would I check. I appreciate that you guys have much more knowledge and experience with these (usually) great bikes, so any input is appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok so I have changed the condenser and still nothing. I am definitely getting fuel to the cylinder as proven by what a friend called the match test, spark still looks good. Someone has suggested overfuelling/flooding how do o overcome this? Pilot screw is set at 1 1/2 turns but no luck. Kicked bike over for a while and got a big pop (with flame) from the carb which was open at the time. With this nice weather I am desperate just to go for a ride. Please any ideas?

Its always good to take the plug out, stick a pencil down the plug hole to touch the piston and turn the engine with the kicker until the piston is at the bottom of its stroke, then leave it overnight with the plug still removed. That way any fuel in the crankcase will evaporate out. try again with a new plug and if you're lucky... :D

Its always good to take the plug out, stick a pencil down the plug hole to touch the piston and turn the engine with the kicker until the piston is at the bottom of its stroke, then leave it overnight with the plug still removed. That way any fuel in the crankcase will evaporate out. try again with a new plug and if you're lucky... :D

Not with the YB the disc valve will be in such a position that will not to allow not allow the fuel evaporate

Ok so I have changed the condenser and still nothing. I am definitely getting fuel to the cylinder as proven by what a friend called the match test, spark still looks good. Someone has suggested overfuelling/flooding how do o overcome this? Pilot screw is set at 1 1/2 turns but no luck. Kicked bike over for a while and got a big pop (with flame) from the carb which was open at the time. With this nice weather I am desperate just to go for a ride. Please any ideas?

I guess you need to set the ignition timing .. if the condenser is giving problems .. the motor will run but misfire if you add load to the mag (switch the lights on) but if you want to test a condenser just test to 22 microfards across the unit then charge it up & then discharge ... But another thing YB100 suffered with was 'loads of carbon' you may find that the rings have stuck or the bore has been 'glazed' with carbon and your problem is lack of compression. Don't forget if you remove the mag you must set the ignition timing

Test the compression, gauges are available that screw into the plug hole to perform such a test, they arent expensive and worth the money,

- Foamy *thud*

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online