Module 1 test

blanco
This post is 4821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HELP,i've got my module 1 test in 2 days which ill be doing on my yzf r125?

Any tips on the u turn?,not sure if to go slow easing out the clutch or stick around 5-7 mph and try to coast round?

Greatful of any tips guys....Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HELP,i've got my module 1 test in 2 days which ill be doing on my yzf r125?

Any tips on the u turn?,not sure if to go slow easing out the clutch or stick around 5-7 mph and try to coast round?

Greatful of any tips guys....Thanks

(1)

Keep the bike moveing

drag your back brake

keep a nice bit of throttle on

slip the cultch

look where you want to go and not where the bike is going

(2)

Keep the bike moveing

drag your back brake

let clutch out fully

keep revs high so as not to stall while using back brake to controle speed.

Best of luck !

This is the most important thing, let me elaborate on it some;

When you set off, and you've done your lifesavers, start your turn and look over your shoulder, your head should be looking at right angles to your body. fix your eyes on something, a tree, a post, sign - anything!

as you turn move your focus around so you keep looking over your shoulder. Pay absolutally no attention to the lines, cones or front of the bike, none at all.

when you have completed about 3/4 of the turn look at where you want to stop.

----

The same is true for the figure-of-eight - always look past where you want to go.

The second you look forward, you will bollox it up!

----

Practise in a car park, it's possible to turn your bike in the distance between the lines of one large space, it takes lots of practise but it's possible.

If you are in any doubt as to how tight you can turn, do it in an open space, keep going round and round. It is only when the lines get put there it becomes hard!

One of the favourite tests our IAM SO does at BikeSafe is to get riders to ride a perfect circle, stoping in the same place they started from, very few riders can do it, and all the ones that could ride off-road bikes!

Thanks for that,very helpful comments,I'm gonna get down the carpark tonight and have an hour or two at it,last night I measured the distance and did it 20 times out of 30 attempts.

DO NOT coast round. That is a fail. Believe me.

The U-Turn is about demonstrating your control over the bike, hence putting the foot down is also a fail.

Don't race the engine and whip round, don't start the turn and rely on momentum to take you round. You want to drive the bike round in a positive, controlled fashion.

Thanks guys,I passed this morning with one minor fault.30 mph on the swerve,2nd time round I hit 35mph,got to get mod 2 booked now then no doubt I'll be back on here asking for advise!!!

Thanks again

Thanks guys,I passed this morning with one minor fault.30 mph on the swerve,2nd time round I hit 35mph,got to get mod 2 booked now then no doubt I'll be back on here asking for advise!!!

Thanks again

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

My mate took 5 goes to pass the Mod 1, went like this:

1 - failed not stopping front wheel in box.

2 - failed to hit 50kph on swerve

3 - didn't do life saver on U-turn (did it before moving off but not before starting the turn)

4 - failed to hit 50kph on emergency stop

5 - skidded on the emergency stop, released & wheel turned by about a gnats nut. No-one else around, same examiner for all tests so think he felt sorry for my mate as he looked around, muttered 'watch the emergency stops' and then told him he'd passed.

He did pass mod 2 first time so you should be ok with that! Good luck...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online