k+n filter/ down gearing

kato13
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all been on the xvs today n dont like the k+n filter havnt jetted it or owt but am going to put original filter on.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

also thinking of down gearing to get better low end grunt off junctions has any one done this or tried it yet?

I would have thought the K&N filter experience would have taught you something, just leave it be and enjoy, bike manaufacturers dont spend

1 Million dollars

dr_evil.jpg

in research and development for you to spend £40 to 'soup it up'

Barky = Best quote of the year!!!!!

ok ok sorry guys ive learnt my lesson putting the old filter back on :rolleyes:

Sorry Kato that was only intended as a light hearted ribbing-trust me m8 we've 'all been there'-I had an old 1985 vauxhall cavalier-with a boot spoiler :blush:

im not even gonna begin telling you how annoying it is to try and fit a k&n filter to the xvs 125! its just easier not to :rolleyes: as to "down gearing" what are you looking for? more acceleration? drop a tooth or 2 on the front sprocket (but your top speed will drop ) but saying that....the bike should pull a bit better in 5th

I would have thought the K&N filter experience would have taught you something, just leave it be and enjoy, bike manaufacturers dont spend

1 Million dollars

dr_evil.jpg

in research and development for you to spend £40 to 'soup it up'

Spot on!