Yorkshire Ride of Honour 3rd April 2011

This post is 4772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im going to this B)

Any one else fancy it?

ror_logo_small.png

"The YBF are pleased to announce that we now have confirmation the Ride of Honour will also help support the Black Rat Fund, a local Yorkshire based charity, providing social and welfare support to service men and women of the 4th Mechanized Brigaded.

Based at Catterick Garrison we are honoured to have their full backing and support for the 2011 Ride of Honour."

black_rats.png

Should be a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Limits gone upto 750 bikes now as they hit 500 so quickly.

Its a really short ride john sadly due to logistics but should be a good day any way. I was going to be on the marshal team but i missed the metting as i had not working bike so i pulled my offer.

• 1 month later...

Few pics from today's ride... good turn out and good run out. [Hope you weren't in a car on the A64 today when the 750 of us went for a ride!]

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Glad I was there last Sunday instead of this Sunday!!! saw lots of official looking people discussing where they were going to be able to park all the bikes but just realised they must have been discussing this run. :huh:

Really good turn out and the ride was fantastic. Thankfully the rain stayed away for the ride so all was good (got a bit wet in the yorkshire moors afterwards but nothing too bad).

Was a great sight when we got to the A64 to find the police had blocked the road then did a rolling roadblock behind us all the way to Camp Eden. All along the route people lined the bridges/side of the road waving and taking pictures. Fantastic!

They're hoping to do another event next year, so would be good to see anyone who couldn't make it this year then.

[few more pics here: http://www.ybfevents.co.uk/photos/ ]

Graham

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online