intro

kato13
This post is 4883 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys n gals,

my names paul and recently bought an xvs 125 dragstar. i havnt rode for bout 6 years where i drove 125's. i need to do a cbt and get my bike on the road to ride agen. ive been looking on here on wot to do as i'm new to forums n the like hope fully this is rite :blink: . i'm quite impressed at the dragstar its a nice lil bike, i'm looking at changing the handle bars for straight ones ive also fitted a new k+n air filter and un seized the brakes cos its been standing for a while. i have the top exhaust cover missing and from wot i can gather their like gold dust so i'm gona get a pipe to cover any old metal pipe n exhaust wrap both pipes hope fully if it works. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys n gals,

my names paul and recently bought an xvs 125 dragstar. i havnt rode for bout 6 years where i drove 125's. i need to do a cbt and get my bike on the road to ride agen. ive been looking on here on wot to do as i'm new to forums n the like hope fully this is rite :blink: . i'm quite impressed at the dragstar its a nice lil bike, i'm looking at changing the handle bars for straight ones ive also fitted a new k+n air filter and un seized the brakes cos its been standing for a while. i have the top exhaust cover missing and from wot i can gather their like gold dust so i'm gona get a pipe to cover any old metal pipe n exhaust wrap both pipes hope fully if it works. :D

Hey and welcome. Many xvs 125 owners on here :)

I've wrapped my exhausts, there's a thread on it somewhere - I'll dig it up for ya.

yeah the top exhausts covers are indeed very rarely come across. I came across one once, I wiped it off immediately though!!! (I'm so sorry, had to be done)

There's also a post on fitting drag bars - may be pertinent to your issue here.

Chris

Hey and welcome. Many xvs 125 owners on here :)

I've wrapped my exhausts, there's a thread on it somewhere - I'll dig it up for ya.

yeah the top exhausts covers are indeed very rarely come across. I came across one once, I wiped it off immediately though!!! (I'm so sorry, had to be done)

There's also a post on fitting drag bars - may be pertinent to your issue here.

Chris

Welcome: Paul from Wales,,,to the YOC B)

god .....not another paul! :lol: just kidding :) welcome to the forum m8!! dont suppose you still have the cover for the exhaust? if its just come off then i can tell u how to repair it B) but they are like gold dust, and the original exhaust from mr yamaha are expensive! as to putting straight bars on it, ur going to have clearance problems, unless you get really wide bars! could put risers on but u need at least 4 inch risers plus you need to bore out the bush to 12mm to accommodate the bigger bolts. but anyway il stop waffling on :D

god .....not another paul! :lol: just kidding :) welcome to the forum m8!! dont suppose you still have the cover for the exhaust? if its just come off then i can tell u how to repair it B) but they are like gold dust, and the original exhaust from mr yamaha are expensive! as to putting straight bars on it, ur going to have clearance problems, unless you get really wide bars! could put risers on but u need at least 4 inch risers plus you need to bore out the bush to 12mm to accommodate the bigger bolts. but anyway il stop waffling on :D

unfortunately the bike didn't come with the cover n mr yamaha aint getting my money :). i was thinking of putting some renthal bars on quite flatish ones(not one with a cross member either) or am i better off sticking to the chopper style?????????? thanks all ;)

unfortunately the bike didn't come with the cover n mr yamaha aint getting my money :). i was thinking of putting some renthal bars on quite flatish ones(not one with a cross member either) or am i better off sticking to the chopper style?????????? thanks all ;)

renthal bars wont fit without risers (unless you tilt them back but then ur gonna get bad cramp after 5 min), all in all your looking at spending £40 to put straight bars, risers and all bits and bobs on it. or you could stick with he bars you have <_< .

what are you trying to do? are you doing it for looks or riding position?

thanks paul, cracking name by the way. doing it for looks if im honest seen a few bars but looking at at £100+ all i want is straight bars no fuss without the expsense :D ps thanks for all the welcomes

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online