Helmet Sizing and help!

EwOkIE
This post is 4877 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi as the title suggests I have a query regarding an AGV Stealth Helmet.

AGV_Sport_Stealth_Helmet_Gloss_Black_zoom.jpg

I have read numerous sites on checking/measuring head size and correct fitment etc.

I am 54cm and would say round head :rolleyes:

Going with AGV Site it recommends the XS Helmet....so went to check out some helmets

Tried a few on, as I Have an Xlite 801RR which is a small I tried a few of AGV's Small Stealths on first... quite a bit of movement side to side, tried the XS on ..no probs.

On the XS my nose just touches the nose piece (not sure of technical term) and the chin strap

is quite a bit to the left, is there a way of adjusting this as its the Double D with the clip?

The clip itself once I have helmet on and through the loop the clip is hard to get at, nearly hidden..

If anyone has had experience with this or know of a solution please let me know.

As I like the style of the helmet and when I first seen the XS thought to myself aint know way this is going on my head looking at it...but fits good :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it fits snug then its good as it will yield a little with time, the clip is like a seat-belt and should be within reach easily, if its tucked into the padding at the side of the lid then its not right for you, just take your time selecting a lid :)

Thanks for the reply

Is it possible to lengthen the strap, maybe get adjust by a tailor about an inch or two?

As I like the helmet and the only 2 things are the tip of my nose touches the nose guard

(can live with that)

and because I am used to a chin curtain on my xlite feel as though my chins under the helmet a bit (maybe I am getting old)

Does it have the DD rings on both sides of the strap? if it has then you should be able to centre the 'clip',, if the nose guard is a thin rubber gaitor type thing then just trim it a little with a knife, and buy a 'Buff' as a replacement for the 'chin curtain'

HI is this what you are referring too :

yohe-scorpion-helmet-chin-strap.jpg

Image for illustration

This is just on the left side. the strap is simple enough to get in the rings just the clip.

I have an old helmet kickin about was going to see if its possible to adapt that to this if possible.

Got the helmet new for £89 with black visor.

So if possible would like to try and do something with the strap.

But dont want to lose my head :o

Do the straps come off the helmet, how do they attach onto the helmet themselves?

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/js-accessories-store-locator.aspxand

as your a fellow Weegie get along to this place and spend a fraction of the cost of an AVG on a Caberg V2, dont go on price, I saw a test comparison on lids a couple of years ago (cant find a link as yet) the Caberg V2 showed 5 stars in that test and the more expensive lids (AGV and some other more expensive lids had a poorer rating), you dont want to be testing your lid :huh: ,obviously, but cost doesn't always mean best B)

A helmet has beed designed and assembled in a very specific way, for a very specific reason, by very certified safety people who understand, far better than us riders, the implications of helmet construction and it's variables on safety.

DO NOT fuck with it.

Unless you are a certified helmet repair technician, rated for that exact make and model of helmet, DO NOT fuck with it.

The mere idea of 'unscrew and attach a new strap' is probably just for certain types of lid and certainly not any type I'd ever buy. None of the lids I've had even had the strap anchor points accessible without breaking the thing open. Again, this was to stop you from fucking with it.

I currently favour Caberg lids - Very good for the price and pretty faultless. Just over £100 is a bloody bargain price, yet you're getting a top rated lid.

Go down the bike shop.

Try all the lids.

Find those that fit best.

ONLY THEN factor in safety ratings, cost, style and so on.

Your primary factor will be how well it fits. Go for one that is slightly too snug, but not crushing your head. The padding will settle within a week and you'll be nice and comfy.

have you concidered the possibility that you might have a large nose--chin..

and maybe better suited too an open face helmet that doesn't have any obstrucions such as chin and nose guards.

good luck with your choice ,,:lol: punch..

and maybe better suited too an open face helmet that doesn't have any obstrucions such as chin and nose guards.

Personally I'd NEVER recommend riding gear that has less protection, especially to a Newbie.

If people CHOOSE to ride with the less protective kit, then that's their choice. But they must do so while being fully informed.

Open face lids are great in Summer, but whatever the season, if you come off and hit the road face first (as in a car pulls out on you and you go over the bonnet) kiss your good looks goodbye...

Again, your choice - But try EVERY lid and go with what is first and foremost the best fit.

The nerve...saying I'm ugly with a big nose

Mabey you have been tellin alot of lies lately,,,,,,eh! ,,,,,,an your nose is the size of pinokio eh! :lol:

While on the subject ," a few weeks back, saw a scootry type thing , and the guy"s helmet [ full face] barely came down to his mouth. :lol: , looked ridiculous, unless he had a Lantern jaw,

Any way jammer i"v bought a new lid , forgot to take it to Ace caffe[ had to borrow a lid] Patriotic or what , check the sticker on front,

helmet008.jpg

Well cool Johnno m8 that looks the Bawgs Dollocks , is that a Yorkshire strokers sticker ?, not got me specs on :huh:

Had an email from AGV say they cant replace the D Ring with longer style but I can move the clasp... so good result.

Will give it a try soon to let the pads wear down a bit and see if I can get to the clip/clasp ok....flippin freezin ootside!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online