What do you think about...

johnsnownw
This post is 4879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

removing the carbs for the winter? The XS400 is hanging out in the unheated garage all winter. What do you guys thing?

Remember, it's bloody cold here in MN.

i ran my bike dry so there's no fuel in the carbs, and i have a little electric oil heater under the bike!

removing the carbs for the winter? The XS400 is hanging out in the unheated garage all winter. What do you guys thing?

Remember, it's bloody cold here in MN.

Stabil or Sea Foam in the gas will do the trick. Not certain there is any gain to removing the carbs and placing them in a heated area. Either treat the gas or run dry as Drewpy does. You have done the most important thing by removing the bike from the elements. If you get a moderate day now and then, start it up. Keeping a battery tender connected to the battery is probably more important.

Start the bike up and run it for a few minutes. That way the treatment will reach the carbs.

Start the bike up and run it for a few minutes. That way the treatment will reach the carbs.

I'll give it a try, though it hasn't been above 20 degrees in the last couple weeks.

Fill tank to the neck with fuel and treatment,,,,,shut off the fuel,,,,,start bike and run the carbs dry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(there's a bit of an echoe in here :D )

Shur why would ya be takin off the carbs ! ! !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online