Would you give me your opinion ?

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 4972 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

congratulaitions Ttaskmaster,i admire your honesty and commitment,you don't kneed sympathy,your a stronger person than he was,and no ,im not trying to patronize you.i realey do admire people who stand up with their head held high and get on with it,but i feel sorry for those who can't.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your all hard people,with no emotions,you should all reach out and give a helping hand to these people ,instead of attaking the likes of me, who can see good in everybody.he could have been given help and gone on to help others,who are going down the same path has he did,as he would have a better understanding of them.

No ones attacking you. I help people who deserve the help and will help themselves. I donated to the "tent to go to haiti" appeal on this very forum. I donate to many charitys. Granted it isnt much but having just come out of university it's all i can afford. Just the same i donate sympathy to people i feel deserve it. Me feeling sad because he's brown bread doesnt make things any better, it just makes me feel worse. Why should i feel sad because some moron cant find help in the right avenues. As i said, there are plenty around...

If my bike gets nicked then yes I can replace it, it is only metal.

Do I wish the thief dead? Not really.

If (s)he dies whilst riding a stolen bike (whether mine or not) do I feel sympathy for him? No I don't, but then I don't take pleasure in it either.

Do I try and justify his actions? No I don't.

Does this make me a bad person, no it doesn't.

Do I see all criminals as victims of circumstances? No I don't, people have choices and have to face the consequences.

If you steal bikes riding off without wearing a helmet and speeding around then what do you expect to happen?

Unfortunately, if the police make it known that they won't chase people on bikes as its too dangerous then there is no deterrant - in fact it has the opposite effect: steal a bike, ride like a tit and the police will leave you alone! Of course this endangers the public. The thief does this and then dies as a result or worse kills someone else.

Perhaps if the police adoted this attidute no-one would steal bikes and die as a result? Then no poor bike thief will end their life prematurely and we'll all sleep happier at night?

Its harsh but I bet it would stop people killing themselves or other people on stolen bikes.

To take another example, if someone rapes a woman whilst she's walking home, do I try and justify his actions? Maybe he was on drugs, or couldn't get a girlfriend? Do I feel sorry for him if one day a victim fights back and kills him, or the police arrive unexpectedly and in his attempt to escape he gets run over and dies, no I don't feel sorry for him. Actions have consequences.

It's not about being a strong or weak person.

This is the Western World, land of The Free, home of The Brave, corrupt, decadent and free-for-all.

There are enough people driving around in flash cars while claiming every benefit under the sun that it's an easy, lucrative enough business. People get all sorts of welfare, while having never worked a single day in the 20-55 years they've been on this planet.

There is no bad situation you cannot get yourself out of here.

your all hard people,with no emotions,you should all reach out and give a helping hand to these people ,instead of attaking the likes of me, who can see good in everybody.he could have been given help and gone on to help others,who are going down the same path has he did,as he would have a better understanding of them.

What a load of trash. He was the hard cold person with no emotions. He stole from someone and had a blatant disregard for the impact that it would have on that person and how it would make them feel. "Treat people how you would like to be treated yourself" He showed no respect or sympathy so should be given none in return. Soppy wishy washy attitudes like this allow criminals to thrive. Wake up and GET REAL!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online