newbie says Hi

adst
This post is 5022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just to say "Hi y'all" from me ...new to site...

Bought a divi a few weeks back just as a potential winter hack , had to put a new 4 to one exhaust on to make it less rattly all this ... to save the chrome on a moto guzzi ... well enjoyed the old xj600s so much have just paid a deposit on a 2009 xj6N abs......SO YAMS have got to me ! needless to say not planned but once a bird settles on my head it seems to always build a nest! Guzzi now to go! hey ho ...

hope you all keep me company as much as the old Guzzistas have in past year ...( prior to that it was a ducati Multistrada ) I plan to stay here longer !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fellow XJ6n owner, welcome to the 'ward' Andy :huh:B)

Welcome Andy, is the avatar YOU on the velo solex....cool :DB)

sorry but no its an avatar I have used for a while ...since I started back biking after having a few solex battles and realising I had to bite the bullet and start riding a proper bike ( originally rode a solex before you needed a helmet- made sense then ...) then...SR125 till test then BMW F650GS then Ducati Multistrada - Moto Guzzi Breva and now divi + xj6n abs ........

Hi Andy just wondering if you've done any mods to the XJ6 yet, screen, airhawk piles eliminator etc? :mellow:

Hi Andy just wondering if you've done any mods to the XJ6 yet, screen, airhawk piles eliminator etc? :mellow:

Ney Lad - no mods - I take delivery Thursday .......cannot wait!

trouble is I enjoy the old divvy at mo and think it may have to go ... XJ6n not so chromed and rust potential as the guzzi so a winter hack may not be necessary ... what do you think up there in bonnie scotland where surely the salt goes with the weather ( and the oatmeal ) ......

Up here they have introduced a new exciting and technological gaff-'whin dust' (gray granite fine chippings), costs 3 times as much as rock salt, produces no melting or grip, scratches fine paintwork on cars, bikes etc, and doesn't dissolve in rain so it blocks drains with ease, I'm gonna use the old divvy as a winter hack and varnish it with 'Araldite' re-inforced with hessian sacking <_<

Up here they have introduced a new exciting and technological gaff-'whin dust' (gray granite fine chippings), costs 3 times as much as rock salt, produces no melting or grip, scratches fine paintwork on cars, bikes etc, and doesn't dissolve in rain so it blocks drains with ease, I'm gonna use the old divvy as a winter hack and varnish it with 'Araldite' re-inforced with hessian sacking <_<

These are hard times for all you know, you should be thankful they're playing their part in the economical recovery of the country by increasing profits of local companies paid to fix the problems it causes. How selfish of you to only consider yourself in times like these. ;)

Ooohh...I feel a picture coming on :rolleyes:

sorry no pics ... too busy riding ......why didnt any one tell me how much fun the XJ6N is boy I am re-born it is a revellation even compared to the the 600s divvy you only have to enjoy riding and taking careful watch on other idiots ...took delivery Tuesday and cannot stop buzzzing .......well recommended...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online