Passed today!!!...who said xj600 slow???

Antz
This post is 5132 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening guys!!...and ladies <BOWS> ...my name is BIG ANT...well ant but aka BIG ANT... ;0) ...so here i introduce myself!...i am 33 live on the south coast ( lee-on-solent )...i have been rididng for one year exactly on a Gilera Cougar 125cc, to see if i liked biking and could handle all year round riding, as i go to and from work every day on my bike!...short answer YES!!!....i love it!!! so today i passed my last test MOD2...woooppp woooppp wooopppp!!!...yes im happy!!!... ;0) ....so i passed my test on a suzuki GS 500 and to me this was very quick, i quote for a newbie!..so as soon as i passed today i got straight home knowing my bike was ready to go, and of i went!! i was expecting slow pick up and not much pull ( according to MCN ) no power bands etc!!! i no i am a newbie but the suzuki GS 500 had some guts but OMG, i got onto a 60 limit let rip and flew past every thing on the road!!...i must add this was not my intetion the bike just went and i held on!!..all i am saying is this bike to me is super for a newbie and has given me a big grin on my face, and i look forward to many months or maybe years ahead of biking!!!...so i hope you guys and gals will let me join your club!!!...fanks for looking BIG ANT :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good evening guys!!...and ladies <BOWS> ...my name is BIG ANT...well ant but aka BIG ANT... ;0) ...so here i introduce myself!...i am 33 live on the south coast ( lee-on-solent )...i have been rididng for one year exactly on a Gilera Cougar 125cc, to see if i liked biking and could handle all year round riding, as i go to and from work every day on my bike!...short answer YES!!!....i love it!!! so today i passed my last test MOD2...woooppp woooppp wooopppp!!!...yes im happy!!!... ;0) ....so i passed my test on a suzuki GS 500 and to me this was very quick, i quote for a newbie!..so as soon as i passed today i got straight home knowing my bike was ready to go, and of i went!! i was expecting slow pick up and not much pull ( according to MCN ) no power bands etc!!! i no i am a newbie but the suzuki GS 500 had some guts but OMG, i got onto a 60 limit let rip and flew past every thing on the road!!...i must add this was not my intetion the bike just went and i held on!!..all i am saying is this bike to me is super for a newbie and has given me a big grin on my face, and i look forward to many months or maybe years ahead of biking!!!...so i hope you guys and gals will let me join your club!!!...fanks for looking BIG ANT tongue.gif

Can i just add to the bit in blue ------ i know you will be carefull but i'll say this anyway, you should only go as fast as you are comfortable with. Dont let the bike or others on the road determin your speed----- get used to the new bike first and its handeling before you start to push the boundrys.

Thats my 2cent's worth anyway.

God i sound like an old fart

And of course Failte; Antz to the YOC cool.gif

Can i just add to the bit in blue ------ i know you will be carefull but i'll say this anyway, you should only go as fast as you are comfortable with. Dont let the bike or others on the road determin your speed----- get used to the new bike first and its handeling before you start to push the boundrys.

Thats my 2cent's worth anyway.

God i sound like an old fart

And of course Failte; Antz to the YOC cool.gif

i got to agree with 2 wheels , get to know your bike first , as all bikes handle slightly different,get your self some decent kit and ride safe I have only had one accident in riding i was stationary and it wasnt my fault but it still bloody hurt

God i sound like my dad.

Congrats on passing Ant and welcome

i got to agree with 2 wheels , get to know your bike first , as all bikes handle slightly different,get your self some decent kit and ride safe I have only had one accident in riding i was stationary and it wasnt my fault but it still bloody hurt

God i sound like my dad.

Congrats on passing Ant and welcome

I 100% agree!!!....i pooooed my self and already have made a mental note ;)

all i am saying is this bike to me is super for a newbie and has given me a big grin on my face,

I hada run out on a XJ600 the other week, and I thought it was a superb commuter/first bike. There's just nothing difficult about it.

Remember, you've only passed a test, all that means is you are qualified to start learning now. It's a great buzz that first ride but stay safe and remember it's no use being right if you are the one in hospital!

I hada run out on a XJ600 the other week, and I thought it was a superb commuter/first bike. There's just nothing difficult about it.

Remember, you've only passed a test, all that means is you are qualified to start learning now. It's a great buzz that first ride but stay safe and remember it's no use being right if you are the one in hospital!

Yes i no this!!! i have been riding for one year on my gilera cougar 125cc but with no power to be honest!! i also agree i am a learner again as i have never had a big bike i.e it's like going from a mini to a porshe in one afternoon,i went out today on the A32 it was lovely just cruised and enjoyed myself with the odd blip here and there on the straights!!!...i have a lot of respect for death and injury and at 33 i do not have the guts like i used to at 17 and so on...but i have to say i have finally found myself after many years...to some it all up...IM WELL CHUFFED!!!... im still grinning now :D

Congratulations Antz, good choice of bike btw ;)

Thanks mate i thought i was going to get a grilling as i no it's the so called astra diesal van....but we all gotta start some where...but for me it is simply wonderfull!!! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online