Rookie Mistake thats worth laughing at!

This post is 5136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently re sprayed my exhuast from my 2005 dt125re. Was in a rush putting it back together as i needed it for some studio filming i had planned the following morning. Missed the final mounting bolt on the silencer somehow ( I know, WTF, but i did =/).

Passed my driving test a week later so havn't used the bike much since. Was nice weather today so took her out for a ride. At around 60mph the bike suddenly got very loud. Looking in my mirror i can see my silencer bouncing around the road behind me.

Snapped off just at the Cylindrical part of the silencer! Silly mistake to make!

Anyone got a silencer from this model they are looking to sell lol!?!?!?

Was thinking of getting a DEP but i like keeping my bikes looking as they did when they left the factory. Also i cant afford to get the full system and it's probably not worth getting just the silencer.

Annoying thing is, ive got 3 spare silencers. 2 from 2002 models and one from an 86. 2 deps and a standard!

I AM A MORON!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I AM A MORON!

Depends if your name is Gordon? :D

Depends if your name is Gordon? :D

and you have a girlfiend called Julie.

just don't ask John

Eh? You've lost me now!

You and me both Andy :blink: 

All i can say about the rookie mistake is whoops :lol: I am trying not to laugh :P . It happens though. At least it wasn't a wheel :unsure:.

I have a silencer you may want. I will PM some pictures to you later. I have to post about the restriction in the expansion chamber first.

Vez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ogYg05e_Q

gives you all the info you need

Haha, being a young un, its a bit before my time, but i recall my parents walking aroung singing it when i was a kid! Makes sense now :D

You and me both Andy :blink:

All i can say about the rookie mistake is whoops :lol: I am trying not to laugh :P . It happens though. At least it wasn't a wheel :unsure:.

I have a silencer you may want. I will PM some pictures to you later. I have to post about the restriction in the expansion chamber first.

Vez.

I laughed. No point in getting wound up eh. Aint gonna put the silencer back!

It would be fantastic if you did have a silencer to sell. Theres one on ebay im looking at atm, just emailed the guy said if he can do it for £25 delivered ill take it but i doubt he will, or even reply.

Ill go and have a look at the post about expansion chambers now!

Only if you do it again,

On the other hand, I'll bet you never leave a bolt or nut off again B)

True, I have no idea how i managed it. The usual plan, is to put every bolt back into its fitting or the part that it is holding on. I can only presume i put it in the mounting on the pipe as not to lose it. Then removed it when i started to spray and put it somewhere so safe that i havnt yet found.

I'm getting nearer to the final stages of getting the 86Dt ready to fire up. I've rebored the cylinder and ill probably find i've forgotton to put the new piston in!

I kid i kid, it's in there! I was looking up the exhaust port the other day to see the powervalve and saw it :P

Anyone got a silencer from this model they are looking to sell lol!?!?!?

Was thinking of getting a DEP but i like keeping my bikes looking as they did when they left the factory. Also i cant afford to get the full system and it's probably not worth getting just the silencer.

Annoying thing is, ive got 3 spare silencers. 2 from 2002 models and one from an 86. 2 deps and a standard!

I AM A MORON!

If your other options fall through, I have a standard DT125RE tailpipe available in vgc (but has been given a coat of what looks like black high temperature paint). Paint is flaking a bit and silencer has a few specks of surface rust breaking through, but is very solid. £25 including postage, or possibly swap for one of your 1988-2003 DEP tailpipes?

Jerry

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online