1974 DT360A Restoration

RogerD
This post is 3921 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DSCF1254.jpgSmoking - Like it should. Original mileage - 578 Miles DSCF1072bb.jpgDSCF1189b.jpgEngine back in frame......DSCF1175.jpgReady for final reassembly.....Next project in background...........DSCF1251.jpgDSCF1266b.jpgFinished!DSCF1072b.jpgFresh out of the barn in Michigan - spokes still shiny after 35 years.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Super job rodger ,,,, And they are so like the DT400 that came out 1975. the fuel tank[ cap] is all i can see is different in design , Well the engine obviously huh.gif , still has the straight finned cylnderhead,,

Oh by the way " i have a DT250 top end [ barrel, piston. head] straight finns, must be from this erra, [1971/74, if any body lookn for 1

Nice job Roger, have you got some before shots then?

Hi Paul,

I have a number of other pics - You can see them at : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260523397724&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

This is the bike you helped me on last summer with some advice.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong when I try to post pictures in the forum topic section? I did as you instructed - Wen to photobucket and posted reduced size pictures there. Copied the IMG code line and pasted it over to the insert image window, but no picture shows in my posts. What am I doing wrong?

I will try to post some before pictures again.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger

I fixed your picture, you need to post directly to your post just paste it directly there...dont bother with the 'Insert Image' window . I see you worked it out now ;)

Paul,

Yep, got it figured out. Now I can work on getting the pictures the right size.( Some were too large - sorry)

Thanks again for your input last summer. As you saw in the pictures, I have another pretty rough DT360 to restore - my third one, as well as a 71 and a 72 R5. They should keep me busy for a while.

Any thoughts on my RT1 intake issues? I am going to keep that one just for dirt riding - no lights or anything. Posted in Workshop and Dualsport forums.

great little bike( i know what it takes)

Thanks for the props. It was a joy to do. I have 2 R5's and a couple of other dirt bikes that need attention now. Can't wait to get one of the r5's on the road!

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fantastic restore job! That's one nice looking bike. :thumb:

• 3 years later...

Very very nice job there Roger, looks a bit like mine except you have the genuine shocks..

Heres mine before and after.

DSCF5313.jpg

DSCF5974.jpg

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online