This is mates for you!!

axl
This post is 7213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right what would you lot do in a situation like this, you share a lock up with a "mate" who decides after 5 years yes 5 !!!! that he wants rent :evil: :?.

But thats not it. his borthers bike's in there too (and has been for over 2 years), now I sad to him this afternoon about the rent, I also said "it'd need to be slit 3 ways, since we all have keys".

He then said "I cant take money off my brother, he helped over the years", I didn't say anything there n then.

But he seems forget (yea right) about the time I gave a loan of my bike for week to start his new job!! (been there 4 years now).

Or he wouldn't have his fuckin' 12 bandit :evil:

And the bike he's got now I took him it for it from Glasgow to Perth, then my last FJ12 he got that for a week, when his 12 bandit was "off the road" plus broke the gear lever, and didnt offer to pay for it :evil:.

This is a guy Iv'e known for about 24yrs, now I sometimes have a hard time "talking straight" to mates where money's involved.

How would you guy's deal with this, I'd like know!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

explain to him how ya feel about the way he's being about this, if he dont wanna know, look for another place to keep the bike and poss a new mate! if it were me i'd tell him to fuck off tbh :wink:

it has to be split 3 ways...no doubt about it...if he doesnt agree try and find another place.

i'm in a similar situation in sharing a garage, luckily it's my uncle's who allows me to keep it there f.o.c. but he knows if he ever needs anything i'll get it if i can..vice versa also..but thats what people do....dont they, help each other out :shock:

I used to live with (my best friend for 14 yrs.), before I met my wife.

We used to be pretty tight back in school, but when he moved in, it wasn't long before everything went to Sh*t!

After I met my wife, I moved in with her & gave him a grace period to catch up on all the rent he owed me.......which Never happened :roll: ....the bastard ended up stealing my car @ the time & my phone & misc. tools :evil: ......(he really crossed the line with my tools!)

he basically ended up being one of those individuals who lives from paycheck to paycheck, doesn't have a bank account & owes everybody :roll:

I ran into him about 12+ yrs. ago after a ride I went on one Sunday......stopped in @ a pub & there he was.......but when I got to talking to him as I was leaving.........I noticed that he had 2nd degree burns from his chin down to his navel :shock: .......when I asked how, he told me he got burned trying to steal some petrol! :shock: .......now I know inflation hits us all, but Gasoline is NOT that spendy! :roll:

I guess it's like the old saying goes......

What comes around, goes around........a bit of a Karma thing :wink:

Just write him off & move on there Axl.

• Admin

Yep i know how you feel mate, but you really do get to see who your REAL mates are when it comes to the money business :evil:

I know, well I think he can keep his lock up, I think he's just taking the piss but wanting half the money off me, and taking any off his brother.

Like I say he's not forgot about what Iv'e done for him in the last few years, just doesn't seem to bother him.

If he wants you to pay half then that means you are paying half of his Brother's money!! That's not right, tell him to do his maths right! If he wants to pay for his bro, then tell him the fairest way is for you to pay 1/3 and he can pay 2/3!! If he disagrees then feck him!!! 8)

In this case axl i'd say up yours and go find another garage........if you were near me i'd say use mine, i dont charge, i just like to piss my neighbours off with as much bike noise as possible :lol:

A mate of mine and I fell out not long after i dipped outta school and went to work cos he borrowed something and denied he had it..........12 years later he Emails me off Friendsreunited and he's returning the item this weekend. Silly how we do things and live to regret how we do them.....Think hard about it...them tell him to go forth and multiply :lol:

Yea it's bit hard when Iv'e known him for about 24yrs :?, The thing that gets me is that Iv'e had "space" in the gar for 4 yrs and it's only now he wants rent :?.

I think alot of it's his g/f I think she to is behind it, but I'll never know, But I remember years ago, and I do mean about 15. A mate at the time said "watch him, he uses people".

Yea he'll have a laugh with you but thats it, but get this.........

When we used to go the pub, (now in my book, maybe yours too) the one who usually said "let's go for a pint!". Was usually the one who has the money in the first place and got a round in, not him!.

I remember one occasion that happened, we got to the bar, I waited and waited. Then he said "are you not getting any drinks?", I said your the one who said to come out here, Iv'e no money! (I did, but wasn't telling him :twisted: ).

What happened, we went out, cause he didn't have any :P :twisted:, that kinda sorted him. He also uses all my cleaning stuff (Meguirs) when it's in the gar :evil: .

Ok it's only his bike, (as in smaller area than a car) but it's the fact that he just helps himself :evil:

sod him dude

people like that piss me off

selfish people are on the increase-=- just go up to him give him your share (1/3) and say to him- theres my share mate, if he questions you just slap him and tell him to find a calculator

Personally I'd tell him to go fuck himself,but obviuosly if you've known him for 24 years, well,that's a lot of history.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online