anyone have any feed back ??

illusions
This post is 5413 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was out riding my yamaha 89' 600 radian last night just having a great time

when the bike stopped running. I have had this bike for a week maybe. I had just got her insp

and was having a good ride. all week it had been running fine on my runs around the area

but last night she started to lose a little power and quickly after that I started hearing a lower noise then

usually coming from the engine - this was all riding down the road - then as I was nearing the parking lot to

pull over she cut out and I coasted in to the lot and tryed to restart her and it would not start.

I let the bike cool down check all my wires, plugs, gas, filters but it still failed to start. The bike will turn over

just fine but thats about all...

At this point my best guess is at the coils .. Does this sound like a coil to anyone else ? would that cause to loss power and shut down in the middle of a ride ?

Its still at the parking lot at this time so i cant pull the plugs and check for spark yet - but will be picking it up in a few hours to bring the girl home and work on this issue ...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, forgive me for asking but

yep its the simplest things that catch us out, take 'two for one offers at your local clutch center' for example :mellow:

Has it run out of fuel....switch to reserve???

Well you gotta start somewhere... :D

No ... those where the first things I did check.

because I didnt wanna be the dumbass calling for a ride cause his bike

broke down only for the ride home to get there and say ..

"" umm ... dude - your out of gas ... Dumbass. ""

Plus I was next to the gas station when it happened.

:blink:

No ... those where the first things I did check.

because I didnt wanna be the dumbass calling for a ride cause his bike

broke down only for the ride home to get there and say ..

"" umm ... dude - your out of gas ... Dumbass. ""

Plus I was next to the gas station when it happened.

:blink:

fuses?

I was out riding my yamaha 89' 600 radian last night just having a great time

when the bike stopped running. I have had this bike for a week maybe. I had just got her insp

and was having a good ride. all week it had been running fine on my runs around the area

but last night she started to lose a little power and quickly after that I started hearing a lower noise then

usually coming from the engine - this was all riding down the road - then as I was nearing the parking lot to

pull over she cut out and I coasted in to the lot and tryed to restart her and it would not start.

I let the bike cool down check all my wires, plugs, gas, filters but it still failed to start. The bike will turn over

just fine but thats about all...

At this point my best guess is at the coils .. Does this sound like a coil to anyone else ? would that cause to loss power and shut down in the middle of a ride ?

Its still at the parking lot at this time so i cant pull the plugs and check for spark yet - but will be picking it up in a few hours to bring the girl home and work on this issue ...

Hi,

when you say it lost a little power what happend ? did the bike turn in to a push home or did it just drop 2 cylinders and run dog ruff ? If the bike failed to start when it lost power (on the restart) you could have a pulse coil gone down but if the bike continued to run at reduced power and failed to restart when you stoped it you may have other problems ... i don't understand 'a lower noise' .. is this engine rattle ? It would be good to know as the XJ600 motor is normally good

Regards Jim

well thank you all for the help and wise words ...

At this point it seems to have been a blocked fuel inline filter and gummed up carbs. after replacing a filer and a bottle of Lucas cleaner she seems to be running like a champ.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online