beating a speeding ban

shed hermit
This post is 5421 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they will be pulling everyone now :angry:

to be sure :mellow:

Thats interesting actually.

A very good friend of mine was out in a group in Lincolnshire a few weeks ago and they were caught with an average speed thingy doing 112 :angry: (stupid idiot I know - and he also knows). They all cleared off when they were waived down, but my mate was the only one to stop. The bobby issued him with a producer, and also told him he would receive a summons for the speed he was doing.

From what I can deduce - :

1. He didnt receive a caution.

2. The average speed beacon was pointing at the group, he was 3rd in the group so there might not be credible evidence to support that it was him and only him.

He might be able to get away with this one I think, if he plays it right.

Im not applauding his silly speed and have already give him a rollocking and he is considering selling his bike for something a little calmer. If he gets a ban, he looses more than his licence as he is a self employed joiner and his income depends on his licence and he has a family to support.

Where are the average speed cameras that get bikes in Lincolnshire?

Gda Elaine Gordon, told the court the bikes were going too fast for them to follow.

Which, ergo, is going to be over the speed limit, regardless.

A very good friend of mine was out in a group in Lincolnshire a few weeks ago and they were caught with an average speed thingy doing 112

If they were doing a legal speed of 70, the rest of the group doing 112 would have stood out a mile.

If he was keeping pace with the group he'd have been speeding just like the rest of them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online