A cheap way to 'de girl' my YZF?

Guest bobbyo
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest bobbyo

As most of you will agree, the early YZF 750 R is a beatiful yet girly coloured machine. Mine is the white with pink flashes here and there. I've seen some pics on the net of the pink bits in red and it makes all the difference. I got a quote from a local spray place at £450 - £900 depending on various scenarios. That is way out of my league. Anyone got any tips. Any direct sticker replacements to go over the pink?

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As most of you will agree, the early YZF 750 R is a beatiful yet girly coloured machine. Mine is the white with pink flashes here and there. I've seen some pics on the net of the pink bits in red and it makes all the difference. I got a quote from a local spray place at £450 - £900 depending on various scenarios. That is way out of my league. Anyone got any tips. Any direct sticker replacements to go over the pink?

Cheers.

Use red nail varnish.

BikeatNanas2jpg1.jpg

Dear oh dear, you've got your work cut out there m8 :mellow:

how bout a jacket patch that says "girl bike delivery service" :D

i suppose some patience and a rattlecan are just completely out of the question?

seriously. if you prime and sand with 400 grit and paint slowly in thin layers with a decent brand, you can experience good results. also you can use a clear overcoat for that deep rubbed look.

Couple of quid for some black spray paint - Instant Rat bike!!

Dont worry about it just ried and nejoy the bike Some call my bike a girls bike. It dont bother me when iv got me helmet on im happy.

thats what i did!

worked for me.

Same here!......Nothin' says "Manly" better than some matte finish black paint. ;)

I had the same issue a short while ago. Although I loved my bike, I hated the colors.

DSCF0580.jpg

I started off taking all the stickers off; this was a royal pain in the arse, lots of Zippo fluid made it happen though.

DSCF0618.jpg

I used "carbon fiber" print sticker (10$ a roll) to cover the blotts on the tank, and some pinstripe to subdue the orange stripe. I took some tracing paper and drew out the shape of the "blotts" then just laid the trace on the back side of the carbon fiber sticker and cut it out. Then I got some R7 graphics, simply because I could not find any YZF750R graphics anywhere for a fair price. I painted the wheels high gloss black, chopped the fender off and put flush mount signals on. Presto chango, now I like the way it looks.

DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

DSCF0636.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online