Not good biking weather in Wiltshire

mike1949
This post is 5468 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It's been stay at home weather in Wiltshire, been annoying the missus by getting in the way in the kitchen while she is doing the dinner. Anybody else in the country had better weather that could get out on their bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

managed to make my way over to my dads place in hungerford, 15 mile trip averaging about 30-35, poor little DT was getting blown all over the road, struggled to make it above 40mph :(

had lots of rain in hungerford aswell, luckily i arrived just before it started and left after the worst of it

went to stratford with my GF was a bit wet on the way there then gail forced it on us on the way back was soaked head to to pudles in boots and all lol wasent fun but was good expirience

ugh need to wash bike now its plasterd in mud and CR*P !!

Anybody else in the country had better weather that could get out on their bike?

Yip good day up here " But not for me [ iv joined the Foamy club]

Was flat oot on the DT.400 On the duel" carrageway , saw 85 mph ---- Then kapp :blink: ow seized the fker. clutch"d it- coasted into layby, gave it 5 mins and she free"d off.

All is not lossed tho" head and barrel off, light screeves front & back of barrell [ not deep]

a hone out tmmoro , and i"v a new piston + rings in shed ,,

The reason ?? well the unintentional plug chop :D says lean[ light-brown]

Wot i did notice is the ports[ exhst+inlets] were sharp" not been bevelled after rebore[ previous owner. i"ll sort that out and she"l be roaded by midweek.

im happy to report my DT has not seized now that ive got the mixture set up a little better, but due to torrential downpours i was forced to retreat into the shed and managed do some work on my ol' Jawa today :), stripped front brakes and cleaned them out before bleeding and re-fitting, front brake pads are almost down to the metal!

my ol' Jawa today :) ,
OI">> Foamy " Wot wud the top speed o" that old dinasaur be? :lol:

more than your 400 would ever be capable of :lol:

Oh no :blink: "Jawa"s gonna get me" jawa"s gonna get me" GULP