what would you want....

liquidcooled
This post is 7255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

if yamaha could build a new bike to exactly your spec, what would it be like? i wish yamaha would build a middleweight v-twin sports bike, half fairing, cheaper than fazer to insure, trellis frame(i love trellis frames!! 8) :roll: ) bugger, just realised i want a suzuki sv650 :oops: :lol: so what do you wish yamaha would build that they dont already?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if yamaha could build a new bike to exactly your spec, what would it be like? i wish yamaha would build a middleweight v-twin sports bike, half fairing, cheaper than fazer to insure, trellis frame(i love trellis frames!! 8)  :roll: ) bugger, just realised i want a suzuki sv650 :oops:  :lol:  so what do you wish yamaha would build that they dont already?

:lol::lol: Yep, you do want an SV650. Cracking little bike :twisted:

Amanda

Yep, you do want an SV650.  Cracking little bike :twisted:  

Amanda

[x] There's no excuse for Suzuki ownership!

[ ] Bon was The Man!

[ ] You want a nice Thumper you do!

[ ] Warning! Internet Riding God bullshitting in progress!

[ ] PM Mozzy!

[ ] Just say NO to Mullets!

[ ] We didn't bother with that any of that shit in my day!

[x] That's a girl's bike!

:lol::lol::lol:

they´d have to build an 1000 cc turbocharged, ultimate sportsbike with all Öhlins suspension, carbon fairings and utter stunning looks.

basicly in the same way that the Suzukis B-King consept bike, but with full fairing.

anything above 200bhp will do with under 0.8 bar turbo pressure :D

The XT660 is pretty close to perfect for me. For perfection? It could do with being 50 lbs lighter and have little lower seat height. The Suzuki V Strom is a great road touring bike I reckon, but off road? - too heavy and breakable. The SV 650 motor is superb, like (sorry XTreme) most Suzuki engines.

Can't make a perfect bike, there's always going to be something that could be improved. It's finding the right balance rather than sticking the best of everything on.

that's not really what the threads about though!, what type of bike would you like yamaha to introduce into their range?!

OK. Here goes:

I would like to see a smaller more nimble FJR. Say 750cc. Shaft Drive. 180 kilos or less, putting out 90 bhp and 60 ft lbs. Able to cruise comfortably at a day long 80mph. With an emphasis on quality of manufacture and components that could take a bit of bad weather without dissolving at the thought of salt, rather than lots of gizmos. Priced below £6500. With a complete set of reasonably priced after market add ons. Marketed as a bike for long term ownership, with a guarantee that it wouldn't be superceded by a new model every two minutes.

A modern day Divvy.

Don't know about you Alan, but I suspect you'll agree, I was really sorry to see the demise of the 750 class. 8)

Remember when that class was the target we were all working towards?

Nowadays it's pass DAS, buy R1. :roll:

[x] There's no excuse for Suzuki ownership!

[ ] Bon was The Man!

[ ] You want a nice Thumper you do!

[ ] Warning! Internet Riding God bullshitting in progress!

[ ] PM Mozzy!

[ ] Just say NO to Mullets!

[ ] We didn't bother with that any of that shit in my day!

[x] That's a girl's bike!

:lol::lol::lol:

whats the pm mozzy bit about

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online