Greetings, New Member Here

G_Man
This post is 5465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just picked up a 1980 XS400S that I got in trade for a pistol. After a quick tune up, oil change and carb jet de-gunking this thing runs great! When I first got it it was wearing sun-faded red paint:

Original.jpg

After a thorough cleaning and quick paint job, here's how it came out:

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

What do you all think? Now all I have to do is replace the torn seat.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your bike looks gorgeous, Gman !! i like it very much.

Wellcome to the Y.O.C., both, you and your Yam !!

;)

Oooo, Nice one!

But sorry, can't resist: pistol, g - man, yellow bike. All I can think of is Mr Yellow in Reservoir Dogs. :blink:

Looks great you did a great job there but sh!t man youv'e oversprayed all over the jeep :o

LOL Yeah yeah... I do like my yellow vehicles. In fact the idea of painting it the same color as my truck started out as a sort of a dare, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I like how the yellow contrasts with the black powder coat on the frame.

nice bike and a good job G-man

I like the yellow

nice bike and a good job G-man

I like the yellow

Great job - looking nice........ B)

im not one for these old bike but i have to say that i do actuly realy like ures

find it strange the fact its older than me lol :P

So who can recommend a good after market windscreen that'll not only fit on this bike but'll also look good?

i got this for mine. will need to relocate the hole after I've been to NW200. but its looks good and is only £20.

must be something similar in US of A

Hello G_Man, I am G-man, your long lost twin brother. :D

LOL! I've been using G_Man as a nick for eons. It was my call sign in the service. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the good taste to employ it. B)

Come on Gene...no self respecting biker wouldnt be... ;)

Not me too bleedin expensive use a cheaper version. morrisons used to have a good un in their garages for 99p a tin but have not seen it lately, i have a 5 liter of fuchs anticorit in the shed does the same thing is a better anti rust spray and i just put it in a plant mister

And, you're american, like me! Plus, you too roll on an old XS. Let me guess, you're a big fan of wd-40 as well, ain't cha? :D

Well Duh! ...and let's not forget power tools ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online