BAD BAD BAD DAY :@

Tc D33SH
This post is 5634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well as its my only transport had to go t college on ma bike,, roads were fine . . . got into college into car park and then bike slipped a bit so i put my foot down . . . foot str8 on ice i did the splits and the bike hit the floor.

Broken Indicator - soon fixxed with superglue

Broken R/H Mirror -vracked straight around so it wont hold in place any ideas that dont invovle a newone ?

small scratches but i got sum touch up paint off the previous owner

actualy cried not very happay at all . . . totally gutted

did not help having the immature DICKS at college laffing and ripping me all day for it :angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bad luck fella, it happens to us all at some point. I'll bet you've learned a lesson or two though?

Take the ripping on the chin, tough words but you're a biker now and made of tougher stuff.

Not quite sure what you are saying about the mirror:

Broken R/H Mirror -vracked straight around so it wont hold in place any ideas that dont invovle a newone

It might be fixable, try loading some pics up - someone on here will have the right answer. you could try the bike breakers ??

Not quite sure what you are saying about the mirror:

Broken R/H Mirror -vracked straight around so it wont hold in place any ideas that dont invovle a newone

It might be fixable, try loading some pics up - someone on here will have the right answer. you could try the bike breakers ??

ill get some pics up tomorrow wen its light,

its cracked allong where the mirror grips the stem bit so it doesnt hold tight enpough and cant get it in a position to just make it a fixxed position and glue it or summin

(as is probably noticable i dont knowmuch about repairs)

In the good old days I'd have used some rot-proof line and binded the whole thing (used on many a fishing rod over the yeards), as you apply the binding it tightens it's grip - but I'm only guessing at the break so this may or may not work.

You might be able to strip the thing and repair with some epoxy resin - but as you've already admitted to a lack of repair knowledge this might not work either if your prepairation isn't up to scratch

There is a bodge it and scarper approach - could you get a jubilee clip around it?

Pictures, thats the best bet.

as gas up says its happened to most of us for me it was 1969 hit a patch of ice bike went from under me like a fool stayed with it as it slid along going under a bus i broke my leg and the bike was wrote off

so take some consolation the damage was minor and you are ok and ignore the dicks

did not help having the immature DICKS at college laffing and ripping me all day for it :angry:

That's the point where they usually get decked...

as gas up says its happened to most of us for me it was 1969 hit a patch of ice bike went from under me like a fool stayed with it as it slid along going under a bus i broke my leg and the bike was wrote off

so take some consolation the damage was minor and you are ok and ignore the dicks

owch guess i waslukky to only break mirror

PICTURES

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

At least you're ok honey, thats the main thing - welcome to our world ;)

Right the mirror - can you put it on then glue /tape it up? If you can make do till after winter you might get away with it as it looks like a pretty straightforward crack from the piccies and looks like it might glue together, but i'd get some help to hold it in the right position!

I would suggest using JB Weld - that stuff is brilliant and the crack will stay together forever lol

At least you're ok honey, thats the main thing - welcome to our world ;)

Right the mirror - can you put it on then glue /tape it up? If you can make do till after winter you might get away with it as it looks like a pretty straightforward crack from the piccies and looks like it might glue together, but i'd get some help to hold it in the right position!

I would suggest using JB Weld - that stuff is brilliant and the crack will stay together forever lol

or 5min epoxy

I have to wonder if pvc sprinkler pipe glue would work to fix that crack. Not sure if they make an ABS specific glue, but they probably do. Might be able to find some in the plumbing section of the hardware store.

hey try impact adhesive its brill get it at the like of bnq dont cost much

put it on both edges of cracks and let dry then press togeather

wrap lots of insulating tape round it just to hold it togeather for 24 hrs

take off the tape carefully then shud b good as new. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online