Damn .... Flooded Engine!

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On the way home from my college i got about 500 meteres away and then the bike died...

And no matter what i tried i could not get it back up again.....it would try to start when i kick started it...and maybe start but then just die.... ran with the bike in 2nd and 3rd gear but nothing.... i have no electric start only kick start

i always turn off the tap but i think some one might have been messing around with it ... every so often when im on the parking side of the building i hear my disc alarm lock go off... the colleges smoking area is ther... and i think ppl are messing with the bike...

Had to push my 2 stroke dt125r all the way to my local garage which was 6 miles away... Oh how i wish i took out my insurance's breakdown policy.... now im having a rethink... might take the policy...

And they had to put new spark plugs in and unflood the engine.... cost me £20.

Is there and advice on how to prevent the engine from flooding in the future...

Ive been told to NOT accelarate while kick starting the bike because it "floods" the engine.. Is it true?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On the way home from my college i got about 500 meteres away and then the bike died...

...and maybe start but then just die.... ran with the bike in 2nd and 3rd gear but nothing.... Ive been told to NOT accelarate while kick starting the bike because it "floods" the engine.. Is it true?

What does this mean? how can it start then die then run in 2nd and 3rd, all very confusing to me!

What does this mean? how can it start then die then run in 2nd and 3rd, all very confusing to me!

He means HE ran with the bike to push start it lmao!!!

£20 quid for spark plugs?

you only need 1 spark plug, and they cost about £5 to £8

abit high

Ive been told to NOT accelarate while kick starting the bike because it "floods" the engine.. Is it true?

Yip ----- if it dosnt start after say 6/8 kicks . turn off choke . then gently kick a couple of times--[ to clear cylnder of excess fuel] then kick stert as normal [ with choke still off.] if that dosna work . take out spark plug . -- [plug key in toolkit ] kick-over to clear cylnder.. put plug back in , try again .

Dick heads will often pull plug-cap off & set it on top of plug . always check that first... Happend to me also away back in the 70s. :(