how to restrict a 50cc

punisher_uk
This post is 5654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all new to the Yamaha forum

just grabbed a bargain for my son for crimbo

a very clean tzr 50 2002

i live in Portugal and trying to find something that isn't mat black or chopped to bits is hard,anyway found the bike was very impressed how clean it was then haggled on a price agreed a price as long as test drive was ok

well blow me away what a screamer over 10,000 rpms and by the time i hit top gear the speedo read 110kph

hmmm something sus ther i remember my days on a dt 50 and with a slight tune it would do 45mph max .

btw i am 40 years old and 14 stone

anyway i payed the cash and dint tell the wife it was tuned turns out it has 80cc barrel kit and arrow exhaust ect

now im thinking its to quick for a 16 year old first bike so how to slow it down cheaply and in a way that i can revers it in say 6 months when he can handle the thing ???

i was thinking smaller main jet or drop the needle height or both , any one got any other suggestions

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That won't be too fast, just make sure you teach him teh basics before he's let out on his own with it :D

My 50cc will gladly do 100kmph and I've had it at 115 (the clock only goes to 120 :D) when I was in a slipstream.

He should be okay, just make sure he knows how to ride in the first place.

I'm with Drewpy, get a widget sleeve thingy turned down on a lathe that will slot into the top of the carb slide and prevent it from opening fully. if you reduce the jet sizes you will soon have a hole in the piston crown and this will restrict the bike a little more than you intended. :o

Okay then :D WEll i'm afraid I'm rubbish on the technical side of things :D that's one of th reasons i'#m here, to help me learn. but yeah i don't think he'll be out of his league on an 50/80cc :)

You are just going to have to trust him. Tell him its quick and to behave cos his mates will have whatever wigit you fit out in record time. And his not mates will prob nick it if its tastey.

Hi if he`s anything like my boys (and my "Biker Bird" daughter),

Whatever you do he will just undo,

So if he`s quiet one day "up the shed", You know exactly what hes doing,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online