supermotos

This post is 6525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anyone ever rode one? if so, what are they like? i saw this really smart matt black ccm the other day, it looked a total blast to ride 8) not much comfort though i'd imagine...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Ive so always wanted to have a go on one, would love to know what they ride like too :P

I too, would love to KNOW what they feel like :wink:

Went & saw some Big-Bore SuperMoto's race last weekend on a Go-Kart Track :shock: .......I'll tell you this.....those CRF & YZF 450's Haul-Ass :tu

A mate of mine has a CCM 644 in bright yellow with gold moto alloys & its the bo****ks, a proper sunday wheelie toy, ive mithered him for months but to this day he still wont let me have a go, it does look good fun though & sounds like a TVR on steroids.....

• 5 months later...

anyone ever rode one? if so, what are they like? i saw this really smart matt black ccm the other day, it looked a total blast to ride 8) not much comfort though i'd imagine...

I have just got a 54 reg Yamaha XT660X and it is a joy to ride, and i tried KTM Duke and they vibrate too much between yr legs to the point of actually hurting you in the goolies, CCM are also great tried one of those too and almost settled on a Husky 550 but realized they are expensive to service and parts are too. so in the end i chose the XT660X the only problem is that i am not really tall so i had to have foam taken out of the seat to lower my seaeting position. The XT is reliable in busy traffic and in dodgy country roads. breaks are excellent (brembo) suspension are supple and forgiving and ultimately it might not go over 105mph but when u need to ride at that speed you would definately be needing a different racing type of bike, this one i am a fraid is for either on/off raging ragamuffings sick of being stuck behind nissan micra's and black cabs or just for the out and out posers. the question is which onr are you?

Well, I've just bought a '01 DT125R to use as a winter hack, but I'd like to get a spare set of 17" wheels for it too. I've also got an SZR660 (same engine as the 660 Tenere, XT660 and the Raptor 660). A thumper is excellent fun- loads of low down punt and the bark from the airbox when you blip the throttle is top, and the lovely 'booooooo' sound on the overrun... Deffo needs an open pipe though to get the full soundtrack (on the Christmas list!)

My cousin had a CR500 supermoto, and it was a beast. Was on the cover of Perf Bikes about 10 years ago...

Mick.

Well pal, i have been on these bikes for the last 4 years, I had a very expensive Husky (Husqvuarna 570) a dodgy KTM Duke, and a CCM now i got a brand new Yamaha XT660X and settled to keep this till one of us wears out (me or the bike)

Verdict: Husky, lovely, ballsy and best suspension but.... dear to keep, thirsty, and parts / labour / service is too fookin xpensive.

The Duke well too stiff, too much vibrations under the seat and yr blx will hurt after each ride, forbidden on long distances. nice bike but i had to get rid of it within 2 months.

CCM again the more affordable of the lot, but a silly small tank and really u have to fill up 3 times to go from London to Brighton (58 miles)

The Yammy XT660X is the ultimate... not a lot of vibration, comfortable ride and a real thumper of bike, watch out your fuel compsumtion by not revving like a madman. great in the traffic and forgiving on the rough, great rims (excel) great breaks (brembo) and fast for a supermoto (105mph+ or more if u got the balls) get one.

Fran :twisted:

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hi

yes ive spent 3 days blasting around on a ccm 644 there awsome but dont bother tring to go down the dual carridge way!

you mus get a go on one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online