first parking ticket

oldtimer
This post is 5698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well today i got my first parking ticket not to bad as i am 61 years of age and been a biker since i was 16, but as i am now disabled and am lucky to get my road tax free under the disability scheme the traffic warden was a prat he said i should have displayed my blue badge even though my council dont issue them to motorcycles as they would get stolen and used by other motorists, as he is employed by the council i went to them to ask the score and got the replie well you didnt display your badge to which i replied well where would you suggest i display it she said you should display it on your dashboard well i cant find my dash board anywhere so it cost me £35 even though it says on my tax disc disabled is it me or what

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well today i got my first parking ticket not to bad as i am 61 years of age and been a biker since i was 16, but as i am now disabled and am lucky to get my road tax free under the disability scheme the traffic warden was a prat he said i should have displayed my blue badge even though my council dont issue them to motorcycles as they would get stolen and used by other motorists, as he is employed by the council i went to them to ask the score and got the replie well you didnt display your badge to which i replied well where would you suggest i display it she said you should display it on your dashboard well i cant find my dash board anywhere so it cost me £35 even though it says on my tax disc disabled is it me or what

What a feck up that is, that has to be a first, Id take it further, see a more senior member of the council. I park on pavements and alsorts, including pedestrian areas in town, never before has that happened. Money grabbing so and sos!!!

Good luck with an appeal if you go that way. You should win.

As the others said, you should get everything they said in writing. If they want you to display it on your instrument cluster, get it in writing. If they tell you that you don't need to display it, get it in writing.

Go appeal it, there's no way you can lose that one. Positive side, even if you lose the case, at least you will have had a judge tell you what you did wrong. And then when (and if) the judge says to put the badge on the instrument cluster, just bill him every time it gets stolen!

0.78p per year for parking doesn`t sound too bad (15/7d to you), but the principle is more valuable!

sounds like an "I`ll see you in court" job to me. It will be a right bun fight when two council departments have to stand up and give evidence against each other, not to mention the front page story in the local paper. :lol:

Go for it, you know it makes sense. B)

Any parking tickets issued by a Private Parking Company are not enforceable and you don't need to pay them, they'll send letters of Court action/Baliifss blah blah blah, but they are not enforceable. Never conntact them to even appeal there's no such thing it is just a scam.

Tickets issued by the Council/Police/Companies on behalf of the council are different, and action is needed to be taken, sadly for the councils many tickets are invalid because the wording is incorrect usually around dates and an appeal to PATAS will have the ticket annulled. Go on to www.PEPIPOO.COM go to the Parking forum explain what happened and post up pic's of the ticket with all personal details washed from the image, someone will take a look and tell you whether it incorrect.

thanks a lot lads for all your suggestions i have appealed the ticket and it seems i have a strong case the council gave me the wrong information about not giving blue disabled badges to motorcycles having contacted other councils they all give disabled riders badges and manchester city council also put me in touch with the national association for bikers with a disability who can supply a secure badge holder so with all the info it gave me great pleasure to make salford council eat there words and have now got a blue badge so watch out car drivers in salford and manchester for a motorbike parked in a disabled bay i have as much right as you, but i bet somebody says something god help them if they do!

thanks a lot lads for all your suggestions i have appealed the ticket and it seems i have a strong case the council gave me the wrong information about not giving blue disabled badges to motorcycles having contacted other councils they all give disabled riders badges and manchester city council also put me in touch with the national association for bikers with a disability who can supply a secure badge holder so with all the info it gave me great pleasure to make salford council eat there words and have now got a blue badge so watch out car drivers in salford and manchester for a motorbike parked in a disabled bay i have as much right as you, but i bet somebody says something god help them if they do!

Nice to see Justice done oldtimer :thumb:

Now stick your chest out and snatch i off em! ;)