WOW!!!!!! I did it!!!

R1Virgin
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I did it!! I went on the back of my boyfriend's R1. It is great, all my fears were unwarranted. I really love going on the bike. We went all the way to Brands to see the Superbikes. I've been there before but never seen the bikes race. It was amazing. It was a desperate shame about Craig Jones, my sympathies to his friends and family.

I think there is a very good chance that I will be applying to take my test in the not too distant future. :D

I now understand what ALL the fuss is about LOL!!!

Maria

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done Maria!

And good for you for thinking about doing your test!

Go get em girly ;)

Good for you Maria!

Don't leave it too long to book that test - it is going to get more complicated, and therefore expensive in the very near future!

:D:D:D

Thanks guys :) I can't believe how fast the R1 is!!! It's great :D

We are moving house this week and getting married in Sept so it's going to be fun trying to fit it all in! I read in a bike mag about the test changing and getting harder. Just my luck!! Not sure where I would have to go, I'll be living in Stevenage as from Friday?

Oh and another thing, I never realised what a civil bunch bikers were......everyone nods or waves at us as we pass eachother.....it's so sweet :)

Happy riding,

Maria

Welcome to Biking, the site and the "NIDGE"

Go Down the Old town and talk to the lady co owner of RACEWAYS MOTORCYCLES. Caz will show you the ropes and point you in the right direction.

AND she can ride a horse :)

http://www.ringjunkies.co.uk/

Thanks I will go take a look :)

ps> What's the NIDGE???

Thanks guys :) I can't believe how fast the R1 is!!! It's great :D

We are moving house this week and getting married in Sept so it's going to be fun trying to fit it all in! I read in a bike mag about the test changing and getting harder. Just my luck!! Not sure where I would have to go, I'll be living in Stevenage as from Friday?

Oh and another thing, I never realised what a civil bunch bikers were......everyone nods or waves at us as we pass eachother.....it's so sweet :)

Happy riding,

Maria

The test isnt harder - just a bit more to it - not a lot has changed really so i wouldnt worry. Good luck ;)

ps> What's the NIDGE???

Stevenage is known locally as the "NIDGE"

Raceways is in Church Lane in the old town. Its the road running parallel with the high street, behind the shops on the same side as the Cromwell hotel.

See you down ther one day, no doubt. B)

Same here in the States! In fact, when I took my safety course, the instructor encouraged it. Even if the other rider doesn't respond, you're sending a signal to the cage drivers that we stick together and support each other. If my clutch hand isn't busy, I'll hold it out to acknowledge other riders. (Over here, we ride on the right side of the road! :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Stevenage is known locally as the "NIDGE"

Raceways is in Church Lane in the old town. Its the road running parallel with the high street, behind the shops on the same side as the Cromwell hotel.

See you down ther one day, no doubt. B)

Arrh I see :D

Oh and I know the Cromwell hotel, we went fo a drink there the other week.

We went to Bike Pavillion in Letchworth on Bank Holiday Monday, I am now the proud owner of a pair of alpinestars boots....I will look like a Power Ranger soon LOL!!!!

I have managed to convince my other half that we don't need a big party after our wedding :D and we are now going to Valencia to the GP :D:D:D

It's always encouraging to see this level of enthusiasm. Riding motorcycles tends to do that for people. There's certainly no half-way measure that I've been aware of; people either say "It's FANTASTIC!" or "Never again" (poor, misguided ones). I've never heard anyone say, "Well, it was OK, I suppose."

Welcome to our world, Maria. Get that test, get that experience and learn the joy of freedom that only biking will give you.

not much chance of getting your test b4 the changes, ive been asking around and no one can get me sorted b4 then, still, i doesnt matter, we will all just have to pass the new one, the only thing that gets on my tits is the price to pass!! its like 800 quid!

not much chance of getting your test b4 the changes, ive been asking around and no one can get me sorted b4 then, still, i doesnt matter, we will all just have to pass the new one, the only thing that gets on my tits is the price to pass!! its like 800 quid!

OUCH!!!!!!! :blink: