DT125 Deristriction

JonRisby
This post is 2675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You might find my website of some use:

http://www.dtr125.co.uk

If anyones got any info, reviews, tuning tips, modification tips, or wanna show their bike off in my gallery, or have anything else relevant that i can put on my website then please e-mail them to me at [email protected]

I would give a mention on my website to anyone who contributes any content. :)

• 1 year later...

Yours a proper UK 1998 bike Jon ?

I just de-restricted a DT125X Super Moto (2006)

Simply had the CDI Unit re-wired now it arcs the clock does 70mph in 4th, top speed at least 90mph. No idea about rpm as I have no rev counter.

I still have the bog standard stock pipes on. I'm told putting DEP pipes on will make it even faster.

I had a race over the Edinburgh bypass with my m8 who has a 250cc Honda - After 5 mins he was just a speck of dust on my mirror

You might find my website of some use:

http://www.dtr125.co.uk

If anyones got any info, reviews, tuning tips, modification tips, or wanna show their bike off in my gallery, or have anything else relevant that i can put on my website then please e-mail them to me at [email protected]

I would give a mention on my website to anyone who contributes any content. :)

^^This is probably the only useful post in this thread.

• 2 months later...

I have the same bike as you and would like to know the colour of the deristriction wire.

After you earthed it out is the bike still relyable and runs well, my mate said that it give's you a flat spot low down in the revs.

I realy dont no whether to deristrict mine or not, do you think it worth doing.

• 1 month later...

I have the same bike as you and would like to know the colour of the deristriction wire.

After you earthed it out is the bike still relyable and runs well, my mate said that it give's you a flat spot low down in the revs.

I realy dont no whether to deristrict mine or not, do you think it worth doing.

Its not just the deristriction wire that you need to earth you also need to do your air inflow pipe your exhaust and possibly your your power valve but its not always needed if it has not been adjusted before

EDD

• 1 year later...

hey i have a yamaha dtr 125 2001 model and it has a full dep pipe and only tops out at 65 : / it has the standard sprockets of 16 57 i believe any suggestions on what could be the problem or how to make it quicker it only revs to 8000?

• 1 month later...

I just de-restricted a DT125X Super Moto (2006)

Simply had the CDI Unit re-wired now it arcs the clock does 70mph in 4th, top speed at least 90mph. No idea about rpm as I have no rev counter.

I still have the bog standard stock pipes on. I'm told putting DEP pipes on will make it even faster.

I had a race over the Edinburgh bypass with my m8 who has a 250cc Honda - After 5 mins he was just a speck of dust on my mirror

ive had a dtx for a few weeks now and im allready bored with the top speed , where or how did you get your cdi re-wired ? id be your best friend forever if you can help me on this one :D

• 1 month later...

IGNORE everyone about that cdi Trick :!:

I have a 98 DT 125 and i have deristricted it for very little money

Does yours have the power valve that is connected to a servo motor and pully assembly?

Also there is no speed restriction on the speedo... ive just been out on the local bypass and had more than 80mph :lol: (the speedo maxes at 80mph) :shock:

ta

Jon

How Have you managed that?? I've just got my DTX and I can get about 65 out of it but ive done nothing to it at all. What things have you done to get it that fast??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

hello peeps ive just brought an 2002 dtr 125 it goes about 65 i think it might be restricted but if its not is there any thing i can do to make it go faster .thanks

Try doing a forum search ;) This is one of the most common questions asked on here and has been answered lots of times before.

In fact even searching google for "derestricting DTR" brings up lots of threads on this forum :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online