indicators are rubbish

Collie
This post is 4827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a 1988 rxs100 and it uses a 6v electrics.

the other day my indicators started playing me up flashing too fast so i thought it was the relay swapped it still no better , check all bulbs and earthing connections, all seem fine do i need to rewire it or what please help me

ta peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have a 1988 rxs100 and it uses a 6v electrics.

the other day my indicators started playing me up flashing too fast so i thought it was the relay swapped it still no better , check all bulbs and earthing connections, all seem fine do i need to rewire it or what please help me

ta peter

check bulb ratings and the idiot lamp on the dials.

• 3 years later...

How is your problem similar?

sorry i wasnt clear lol first they would flash fast, then slow, then just glow and not fash atal, somtimes all of that in one go! :blink:

then! i would have to gear down to get them to work, and now absolutly nothing atal, having to rely on hand signals when the roads are busy.

cheers

sorry i wasnt clear lol first they would flash fast, then slow, then just glow and not fash atal, somtimes all of that in one go! :blink:

then! i would have to gear down to get them to work, and now absolutly nothing atal, having to rely on hand signals when the roads are busy.

cheers

You need to check for bad connections, are you in the habit of checking battery levels and topping up accordingly?, maybe the battery is on its way out, will it operate the horn?, I must admit that indicators on 6v bikes aren't that good

I thought it was to do with the ratings on the bulb , like if you put a 12v bulb into a 6v it will just glow dim, as it there is not enough juice same goes for the wattage as well, if you put a 45w into a 35w rated again this will affect the the working of the indicators

check the ratings for your bike

Cheers

Al

all the bulbs are as i got them when i bought it??? :unsure: will check 2morro tho.

horn defanatly works, used it the other day when some blind old bat cut me up and nearly had me in her back window!!!! lol

wel i havent ever checked the battery myself, ordered a new one the other day from my local mach, in the hope that will fix the stupidly dim lights! :angry2: i leave my dipped beam on constantly for better vis "be seen be safe". should i not do that?

would the wrong watt bulb cause the dodjy flashing times and not working atal? do you think it could be water in my electrics somewhere?

thanks for help guys

oh mines a 95 w reg

• 1 year later...

all the bulbs are as i got them when i bought it??? :unsure: will check 2morro tho.

horn defanatly works, used it the other day when some blind old bat cut me up and nearly had me in her back window!!!! lol

wel i havent ever checked the battery myself, ordered a new one the other day from my local mach, in the hope that will fix the stupidly dim lights! :angry2: i leave my dipped beam on constantly for better vis "be seen be safe". should i not do that?

would the wrong watt bulb cause the dodjy flashing times and not working atal? do you think it could be water in my electrics somewhere?

thanks for help guys

oh mines a 95 w reg

Hi

I am also having the same problems with my rxs100 (1992). before i went at the bike, some on the indicators worked,but flashed very dim. I had 21w bulbs in front and 12w in back.

I changed this to 21w all around on the advice of a local mechanic.

when i lefted the seat,i found two earth wires without connectors i.E (bare wires) after fiddling with them and reattaching them,then the indicators do not work at all.

headlight still works ok,except for a mix up in intensity of beam( i.E) When dipped is selected,Full Comes on and vice versa)

Any Ideas what this could be?

p.s My horn does not work either, i think i need a new one.

any suggestion much appreciated.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online