Sorry being a bit dim.....

Cynic
This post is 2627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, just trying to order some nuts and bolts for the Aprilia and got myself in a cunfuxed state. I know bikes are nominally metric fine, but! I don't actually know what that is :icon_redface: .

Im seeing 0.8 coarse, 0.8 fine etc. But then there is 1.0 and 1.25 also in both coarse and fine. Feels a stupid question but what do I actually want.

I have just got generic catchall kits for UJM in the past, never really thought about what metric fine was as such.

I have all the big stuff, its all the abused and random or just plain missing bodywork and plastic mounting stuff I'm after. Not all that much maybe 20 units all told all like, 30x6 and 20x6  flanged hex's, with a handful of nuts too.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What I find Jason, [ thru  buying mistakes]  is, 1.25 " IS" fine . 1.5, is just ordinary coarse  thread,,,

Depends on the diameter of the thread though, 1.5 is standard coarse for m10, 1.25 would be fine. M8x1.25 is coarse, m8x1.0 is fine

63544ac5d05b35220b1246f3eac12bb3.jpg

Hope that helps. In theory you could have any diameter fixing with any pitch. I see all sorts of different ones at work.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cynic said:

Hey, just trying to order some nuts and bolts for the Aprilia and got myself in a cunfuxed state. I know bikes are nominally metric fine, but! I don't actually know what that is :icon_redface: .

Im seeing 0.8 coarse, 0.8 fine etc. But then there is 1.0 and 1.25 also in both coarse and fine. Feels a stupid question but what do I actually want.

I have just got generic catchall kits for UJM in the past, never really thought about what metric fine was as such.

I have all the big stuff, its all the abused and random or just plain missing bodywork and plastic mounting stuff I'm after. Not all that much maybe 20 units all told all like, 30x6 and 20x6  flanged hex's, with a handful of nuts too.

if I have done this right this should be a scan of our catalogue page that gives all the thread pitches including extra fine, I work for a Nut manufacturer so anything you need to know just ask.

SKMBT_C22017022209080.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks people that helps a lot ta.

• Like 1

Better to find the odd parts catalogue for your bike and look at the parts your buying it will say on that e.g m8x60-1.50 m10x40-1.25 ...I found a lot of bolts and nuts on my bike were weird but it is a German bike lol also check the grades don't put a 6.8 on a 12 grade as it won't withstand the pressure and will more than likely fracture ..... Screw fix and places like this offer a stronger nut and bolt but are only a 8. Sommat grade and for things like sprockets etc you would be needing over a 10 to a 12 or will eventually just rip it off and last thing you want is you sprocket coming off riding down the road .... For plastics etc don't matter as much but things under pressure need certain grade to be safe I find the local nut and bolts stores are better than these null buy places like screw fix b&q etc most parts manuals for your bike will have the grade on anyway so not hard to find out wat you should be putting on ....

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online