First time out for ages

neversaydie
This post is 2795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Managed to get out on the fazer on Friday, first time out on the bikes for some while. Rode through Derby and up the A52 to Ashbourne, through Ashbourne and on up to Buxton. Roads in surprisingly good condition, lovely sunshine. Brief stopover in Buxton, then back out and across the dales to Matlock for more refreshment, then back home. 140 miles in total on the day. The clutch mod that I did earlier this year is working good for me, and i've dropped the front end another 10mm without any detriment, making the ride a little more comfortable for me but the carpal on the right hand seems to be returning after 20 minutes or so.

Ive had to lay off the bikes for some time this year, as my youngest lost her partner due to a bike accident in March, and now one of her best pals has just lost her partner in similar fashion last week. My wife of 36 years was welling up as I pulled off the drive on Friday. Weve had a shite year so far, and there have been times when ive felt utterly useless. There is no training for this sort of stuff, and every word/action has to be thought through first. I'm so pleased I gave up work last year, we've no income but the tele sales wallahs soon piss of when you tell em that

Ive also been toying with idea of selling the virago, the upright riding position means i feel all the bumps/potholes more at the point where i fractured my spine last year, don't get that on the fazer as the riding position  means the spine is curved

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was in Ashbourne last week camping with my eldest and my daught in law and her family and we went to Matlock on Friday, must have seen you as I was there most of the day. Must say I did like the look of some of the roads around there, hardly any traffic compared to the grid locked roads of surrey, I must make a return trip but on my bike next time.

Sorry to hear of your shite year, your right about there being no training but sometimes just being there helps, when I lost mrs meat who was relatively young I was totally lost, most people just don't know what to say but a few just sat with me and gave me a hug while I just rambled on, it didnt make all the shite go away or make the world fair again but it did help if only a little.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online