Slightly bent handlebars

Toutsuite
This post is 2966 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I got myself some t-bar whishbone type handlebars from America and there's a manufacturing defect. One of the tubes that's welded on to the main bar, that goes into the riser hole, is at a slightly (like 2-3 degrees) off angle to the other one. That means when installed on the bike they don't sit straight with the triple tree. I can see it and I can feel it. 

Returning it is possible but complicated. The shop has offered (as one option) a part refund if I keep the bars. Anyone know if could take these to a metalworks shop and have them straightened? 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Should think it was not a major thing to get them heated and a slight tweek to set them straight. You might even be able to do it cold with a fly press or such.

• Like 1

Yeh toutsie", a good metal worker will have a press,  .  I took a gate to blacksmith [it was like a banana] I said make me a new one, he said I"l straighten it,  well bugger me ,its like new, :thumb:

Guess it depends how they have been locked in, if its just cold fit, or pressed then fine. If there is weld locking them in place from below that may complicate the process.

Issue was resolved via full refund. I had to take a hacksaw to the bars and email the shop in America a pic of the result as proof of destruction. All's well and all that... (except I still need to get me some new handlebars).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online