New Member RS200 owner

This post is 3091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, hI have been looking for a site where I can ask questions from any who have previous experience as there seems to be little info on the RS200, an example of which I have just bought to restore or turn into a little cafe racer style bike for my son. First question : Where can you get engine parts for this type of bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi bruce,B)  , theres a company CMSL , and ,Wemoto.  yambits ,  the RS is basically an RD200 with a single carb ,  any other differences .?

Yeah not popular, I had one from new many moons ago, is yours the later one with the full seat or the earlier one with a single seat and the optional pillion seat or top box? Mine was the earlier version in metallic maroon.

As said RD200 engine with single carb, chrome mudguards and more rounded tank.

Well, they were 'quite popular'  in 1981 when I bought mine. If I recall Coburn and Hughes in Luton had a load and sold them with free insurance for the first year. I think mine cost 500 quid. After a few months I was cut-up by a cattle truck and bent the forks which pretty much wrote it off IIRC. I kept it though  for a while and fitted some forks/wheel from any early RD200 that had twin leading shoe brakes - that looked way cooler than the enclosed forks and single leading OEM stuff. I sold it to my mate several tears later havinmg never rode it with the RD set-up though. TBH it wasn't much slower than the RD but you had to lose the 'ape-hanger' bars that it came with..

As a side note I saw a guy at the TT last year riding one he had from new - a red one he still had the OEM bars..

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online