DT175MX head gasket leaking

Simon46
This post is 3120 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sheared the head off a bolt off in the clutch basket! 15 quid on fine drill bits later went to Brian s Pope stockport and got new bolt

Just rebuilding clutch and noticed there is play on the basket gear and the basket. Will I have to go to grampian again to have the 6 studs that hold the gear to the basket oversized and the basket drilled?  Got a feeling thats where the bottom end knock was coming from. 

Regards Simon 

Its rivits aint it simon,   some baskets have rubber cush ,  they can be rebuilt, . this slack is usually felt in the clutch lever, [ kinda delay in feel ]

never done a rebuild, but seen a thread on 2stroke forum , [ rd400 basket.]

Yes see that yambits do the basket kits but for RD's. Is there rubbers in a 175 basket? The knock on mine is a metallic clunk.

Well put engine back in the frame finished at 2am this morning in the conservatory. Missus says this is not a garage it is a conservatory. I retorted with her lads box of toys has sat in there 6 yrs! Started it 8 am this morn all good but still the knock on rhs casing not there under acceleration or deceleration. Going to buy a basket off evilbay and take it apart and find bolt kit that fits. Many thanks for all your input!

Regards Simon 

• 4 weeks later...

Clutch basket fitted with new heavy duty EBC plates. Got it from USA but it has holes in it

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee14/Simon46/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0322.jpg

Old basket play vid

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Simon46/media/Mobile Uploads/MOV_0321.mp4.html