Oldtimers grumpy old gits musical quiz.

mike1949
This post is 3309 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not so sure I'm in that category either, being only 38, but I've always been good at history!

only 38, don't rub it in you young wipersnapper :bawling:

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Who was the drummer from the band Busted?...

Matt Willis, then Charlie Simpson

Not wishing to dwell on the sixties music too much but one of the songs mentioned. Melting Pot by Blue Mink was a bit "brave" for the sixties as in they were trying to bring, or at least make people aware of mixed race marriage. Bearing in mind that just a few years before in the fifties it was a taboo subject.

Some of the opening lyrics so you know what I'm talking about.

"Take a pinch of white man Wrap him up in black skin Add a touch of blue blood And a little bitty bit of Red Indian boy Curly Latin kinkies Mixed with yellow Chinkees If you lump it all together Well,"

Mike nothing wrong dwelling on 60's music,but then my older brother always had radio Caroline playing so I grew up with it.

Know what you mean about melting pot, thankfully attitudes changed a lot during the 60's

I can't remember which radio station it was either Caroline or Luxemburg but there was a bloke called Horace Bachelor selling ways to win the pools and his finishing line was I'm Horace Bachelor from Keynsham spelt K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M. I always thought if his systems that good why's he selling on the radio why not just get rich from his way of doing the pools.

Charlie Simpson

Oh yes, I remember those fabulous eyebrows... Mmm...

Personally I would have loved to have been alive through the 600, 70s and 80s, and I'd just be getting too old to care around the same time the music industry started sharting out utter pap.

• Who's Online (See full list)