Dragstar XVS 650 (1997) engine block paint.

xinchao
This post is 3397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

Happy new year to you all! I've come with cap in hand to ask your advice please.

If there is anybody who knows about dragstars and engine block paint peeling/bubbling.

My bike is fairly old (but still in sound condition), however, the engine block is beginning to

bubble in places, not massively but enough to try and stop it before it gets out of hand.

About the size of a penny in two place. The fins are also beginning to lose their paint

on the edges. The paint is a grey colour but I don't know exactly the colour code for the paint block.

I would like to paint it in those spots with VHT paint if possible. Any ideas what colour I could use

for the engine block? I just want to do a repair job nothing too drastic like repaint the whole block.

I assume that the colour is a standard colour for the bike.

Any help you really be appreciated,

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just used gloss black engine enamel, sanded the edges and then coated with clear varnish.

Go to Halfords and they do a VHT brush on grey or black paint.

Wire brush off the flkes and then paint on the new paint.

Start the bike and let it warm up to bake on the paint.

Job done

• Like 1

Halfrauds actually do "Camouflage Paint", now... I was disappointed to learn that it's just a can of green or brown spray matte paint though and you still need to buy both!

Spotted it when I picked up the engine enamel.

I went into Halfords looking for that camouflage paint. Couldn't see it anywhere. I'll get me coat...............

Reminds me of the Advert in the local Gumtree site

For Sale:- Camouflage Jacket £50 ono

Jacket_zpsd631a56b.jpg

I also have a pair of trousers to match but I cant find them at the minute

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online