New DT Owner

XR650-R
This post is 3446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, new DT175MX owner....currently own XR650R, XJR1300SP, ZX12-R to add to the fleet I brought a pretty stock bike not used in last 21 years from fleabay to look after and bring back to full mechanical fitness....as you are all aware to easy to chuck money at these bikes and end up spending a fortune lol....my intentions are just to make her run perfect and keep her original as possible....

Still struggling to find out her exact model/year etc as fuel tap seems from a 1979 bike but she has square swinging arm and Mikuni carb....anyway hopeing you guys can help out when needed....

Here's the bike...

1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there XR " , shes tidy that is, deffo the late type, [ after 1978] pop up the frame number , all be revealed,, :welcome:

I now know the year etc as I rang Yamaha today :) but still unclear about a few things...she was made March 1980 and classed as a 1981 model....Strangest thing being the fuel tap seems to be listed as a 1979 version yet the carb is not from that era...maybe someone can help out with this ?....

Fuel tap...

DSC06069.jpg

Main nozzle doesn't seem to match any drawings I can find ?

DSC06070.jpg

DSC06071.jpg

DSC06072.jpg

:wavey: welcome aboard!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online