Dragstar steering lock

HarleyJay
This post is 3517 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine needs a bit of a wiggle of the bars, basically as you turn the key you need to slightly pull the handlebar so that the forks are not at full lock and then it should lock, just make sure you have not gone to the second lock position which also puts on the side lights.

But not sure if the 125 has the second lock position.

Generally you have to push the key in and it will then turn towards the lock position. Then turn the bars until it fully engages.

Before leaving the bike, be *sure* you have only turned it as far as the steering lock and not all the way onto Parking Light, else you may come back to find your bike won't start!

To lock the steering

1) Turn the handlebars all the way to the left

2) Push the key in while in the OFF position, and then turn it to LOCK while still pushing it

3) Remove the key

To unlock the steering

Push the key in, then turn it to OFF while still pushing it

Parking

The steering is locked, and the tail light and auxiliary light are on, but all other electrical systems are off. The key can be removed. The steering must be locked before the key can be turned to P

(Extracted from the XVS125 owners manual)

I still have to give mine a little wiggle though to get the key to push in.........

• Who's Online (See full list)