day out to Devils bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale

This post is 3524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a day off today as I am working this Sunday.

weather said nice in morning, rain mid afternoon and nice again

So I took the fz out for a good run out and what a joy it was. No Motorways but some lovely A roads especially on the A682, smooth and twisty great for scratching around.

forgot where exactly the place was but its obvious when you can see it from the road :)

Devils bridge; legend says that an old woman wanted to cross the river. She made a pact with the devil to make the bridge and the cost was the first soul to cross the bridge.

the woman sent her dog across

WP_20140828_001_zps6ad98b9f.jpg

got rained on at Padiham and torrents 1 mile from home. Still the bike ran well and no drama

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No photo of bike drewps ! We'll disapointed

I did but the settings on the phone was shite and I don't do shite :D

Looks like a beautiful place. :)

Yer thats a smart looking bridge!

No photo of bike drewps ! We'll disapointed

No but if you go on google street view you can see him leaving the sceen so he must have been doing something on the bridge :eusa_think:

Beautiful area, typical british countryside. My Sis has a Caravan in High Bentham on the very same river

here's one from today at Rivington barn

WP_20140830_0012_zpsbf654cad.jpg

• Like 2

scratching my head a bit at this andy ! is this the bottom barn where nobody goes..

yep, because it was a saturday and the top barn has a wedding on