new guy

This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys figured id intro myself and how i found yall ive rode since was younger ive had dirts quads and cruisers but never a sport bike traded a 76 hd sportster xlh-1000 for a 95 yam yzf 750 jap import the fairings are ruff but mainly ive been familiarizing myself with it mech wise either jets or valves need changing due to its bogging tween 1000 n 4000 rpm motor is strong from what ive rode it no chatter 2nd wont engage guy told me it was built w/o second however ive never seen this before and it acts like its there but kicks out shift up twice and it catches the clutch is cable not hydro ive worked on cars n trucks and diesel but never a bike i know same principles apply however whole new anmal for me any help is appreciated and wholesale part sites would be great us based preferred due to uk shipping adds 100 usd will do that if i have to but dont want to i do plan on keeping it awhile but dont wanna dump 7k on it at same time will post pics when photo bucket will let me

parts im planning on replaceing

exhaust headers

plugs/wires/coils but coils seems good

front brakes

fork seals

fluids

clean carbs< could use tips

fan switch

fairings/ may go street fighter

i have no specialty tools or welder

so please lets start simple shade tree skills only

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is the NEW MEMBERS welcome section. This is where you let us know who you are and maybe a little bit about yourself.

After you've done that and we've all had the opportunity to say hi you might want to post your questions in the workshop section. You'll be surprised how many more replies you get that way. And by the way, :welcome:

• Like 1

Ditto what Obriens said. Also bear in mind that this is a bikers forum - ie if the sun is shining we're probably riding!

There is also a project section on here which although I have no means (time or money!) I find very interesting. Why not share what you're doing with loads of pics. If you're struggling with photo bucket there is a help section which should be of use to you. I use Tapatalk cos my phone is quicker than my laptop and uploading pics is instant!

well i can see this forums as dead as the last

Oh Really !!!! Well it aint ....... but GFY al the same.