New XJ6 Scottoiler

Lincol
This post is 3632 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, Hoping for a bit of help with my new to me XJ6s Diversion, regards where is the preferred place to site the oil reservoir and the preferred place to plumb the vacuum pickup into. I have fitted quite a few, but never on a fuel injected bike.

Thank you for all comments and suggestions in anticipation.

Lincol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Linc you would do better to put this in the WORKSHOP area as most folks will not see it here. :jossun:

Linc you would do better to put this in the WORKSHOP area as most folks will not see it here. :jossun:

Done.

Hi there , If your bike has a vacuum type fuel switch , you can "T" into the rubber vacuum tube with the little plastic three way fitting . If not there is usually a crosshead inspection screw on one of the inlet flanges . You can get a small brass fitting which replaces the screw , and the Scottoiler vacuum tube goes onto this . You'll be delighted with it . I was a courier and was getting ridiculous mileages out of chains with them . I used any free/ cheap clean oil I could find in it and never had a problem . Hope that helps .

Yamaha kindly provide 4 vacuum balancing tubes on the xj6 - cylinder no1s is tucked just under the LHS frame rail, below the tank. It has a nipple (oo-er) to stop end it.

When I put a snot-spoiler on my first xj6, i pulled this tube out, whiped the nozzle off (drilled it all the way through 1mm) and linked the snot spoiler to this. I put the reservoir behind the side panel.

Whole job start to finish was at most an hours work. Very easy install.

Appreciate keeping the delivery pipe lower than the reservoir, not got round to fitting yet, but located two off vacuum pipes that appear to be the pipes pilninggas described, both hang out on the left together and have blanked off ends. ??

Thanks for the info !