The Good , The Bad , the South Africa

dCm
This post is 3651 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all.

just thought I would intro myself as seems the norm for newbies on this site.

Call me M. from R.S.A (yes we have electricity and internet ) started many years ago with a red/black dt 50 watercooled.,served me well. Eventually upgraded to 86 it 200. went to college came back and my folks had sold it off ( only a 3 month course ) very annoyed. a few years later shared a 1996 FZR 750 with the old man...sold it off because one of us wouldn't be here today. Finally got a 2000 Honda CR250 2 stroke. scary bike but awesome.

Started a family sold the toy and found a 1999 dt 175 rotting away on the family farm. so apart from having a wife , child and a car I thought I would spice things up and attempt to restore the dt beast when the wife allows me the time and money ;-)

just a heads up not very skilled in the nitty griity of the bike work but know enough to get by. so expect a few or more questions and banter

P.S : this is the closest ill come to going on face boooook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways...looks like most members have one thing in common ;-)

Enjoy the end

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

......P.S : this is the closest ill come to going on face boooook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

Good.

A warm - and it is warm where I am today - welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the YOC and thank you for making me chuckle, hope you have fun with your ride and the wife does not get to know how much the parts will cost. :wavey:

thanks guys. somehow the "boss" always seems to know what im planning before ive even started.

:welcome:

oh by the by ... what are the warning points under ones profile pic?

Hi M" the warning are - Everytime you bad mouth a Yamaha,, :eusa_liar: ,, :icon_wink: good to have you aboard,, share your exploits with the resto.. :welcome:

thanks 250 ....if its got wheels or a skirt (any make or mode) itll give you .............. but Yamaha first choice after my wife of course :eusa_whistle:

Welcome bru!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online