1987 fz600

jcube_04
This post is 3696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So a pod with a wrap would get it closer to stock but the unmodified airbox is still superior for full range air intake, correct?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

yep

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think I may have some extra covers but they're not in good shape, ebay has a few I've seen kickin' around for pretty cheap I'd check em out there. Definitely pick those up, better to damage them instead of the stuff they protect in case of a crash!

I see you've already got your airbox on order, and good, because I don't have an extra one of those! lol

Read his thread he posted quite a bit abot his rebuild and lots of nice pictuers.

Yeah just look through my build thread, those pictures will be worth 1000 words! I did a complete top end rebuild over the winter, never done one before...and got it done in a month, successfully! :D

I'll check the condition of the cases I've got... one has bondo on it though (was NOT me who did that!) :D

Found it, wow you've done a lot of nice work on that! I can't decide on a good color for my engine, I'm. thinking white, red,, or black, of course the crankcase will be black because I'm not removing that piece...

So a pod with a wrap would get it closer to stock but the unmodified airbox is still superior for full range air intake, correct?

Yep, I spent a couple of grand tuning a 600 suzuki, made over 100hp at the back wheel. Thats 30hp and an extra 2500rpm

They changed loads, cams, carbs (even different jets between carbs), timing gears, exhaust (TTS, very good people) what do you think they left well alone. Yep the airbox, changed the filter in it. But they will only remove the airbox with direct instruction.

Rebuilt petcocky today...tomorrow will be carbs and exhaust paint ....

I told my wife that I got my pet-cock rebuild kit in today and told her she should get a pet-cock, she laughed and said that's, what I am for lol...

• Like 1

Will keep that in mind my computer is on the fritz so my manual is down for the moment :(. I am draining the fuel now, painted the headers today with barbecue paint, don't worry I will be posting pictures of all of this in a build thread when it's out of the " workshop"

Gaskets came in yesterday....for a Harley Davidson. S.O.B.s. Dont order a complete engine gasket kit from JCWhitney. They will try to sell it to you as a "Universal" motorcycle part. I ordered it over the phone, so I thought the gal was looking up a gasket kit specific to my bike. I even specified that I needed one specific to my bike. What a joke....new gaskets on the way.

Jet sizes are under the specifications section in the manual. If you're going to be doing all this work on your bike you need to pick up a copy!

30 pilot jet

107.5 main jet

140 main air jet