yamaha xt250

This post is 3735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, just pop in to say hi, new member today, i am in to xt's and got a xt500 and a xt250. the 250 is being done up at the moment, having problems with the wiring, but can't get hold of a good wiring diagram for a 1981.if any one got one it would be helpful,the rest of the bike is coming on ok. the 500 is working great. will look in again tomorrow, Tony in cornwall.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi tony " tommy ten bikes on here , is an XT guru,,,,hes got lots of Xts, . look at his content,,,and post up in workshop, :jossun:

Hi Bikecrazy, just had a look on my works computer and i havnt a wiring diagram on

this one so it will be on a hard drive at home, give me some time and i will sort something out.

Pics of my last resto which is my sons 81 xt.

IMG_1330_zps2c986f71.jpg

IMG_1329_zpsd8a96126.jpg

IMG_1328_zps95fb9713.jpg

IMG_1322_zps3770bb55.jpg

DSCF0131_zpse7709dce.jpg

IMG_1325_zps1a7b67dd.jpg

TTB

Many thanks, the bike look GREAT!

I have got a part manual and a workshop one but the Works Manual is about 100mb so i will have a scan through and see what i can do.

TTB

Damn Tommy..you got me drooling all over myself again with these bikes.

Tommytenbikes, many thanks for sending the wiring diagram, the area i stuck on is the ecu, the one that came with the bike is off god knows where,a car i think, trying to convert it to 12v, have you converted yours to 12v?, if i buy a used ecu do i need a 6v early one or later 12v one if you or any one knows it will be a great help, Tony.

.......and post up in workshop, :jossun:

Please remember workshop questions go in the workshop section. Workshop questions in the New Members Section often get locked, normally by me.

Hi Tony, no mines on 6v and best to get the correct one for your model bike.

TTB