Car head lights on back roads

Dt rich
This post is 3739 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

rich,

if you seriously have a problem with headlamps dazzling you ,

do what it says in your highway code hand book..

pull over and stop until it's safe to continue.. :razz:

No where safe to pull over

And I would be stopping every 2 seconds that could be very dangerous aswell it proberly says in a safe place in the Highway Code

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just ride a bit slower then. Give your self more time to react to things.

Just ride a bit slower then. Give your self more time to react to things.

I allways ride at a safe speed for the conditions wet busy road slow dry empty road fast :)

Cheers for your advice I cut my new lens in to about a quarter ad stuck it in with the clear lens so I can tilt my head when it's a bit bright and it helped a lot and could still see when it was pitch black lovely good tip for any one with mx googles

You're welcome! Now you don't need to go around smashing everyone's headlights!! lol

Sorted the light problem but went for a ride yesterday and some one with those hid lights is obv blind as he swerved on to my side of the road luckily there was a foot path and no one on it most prob on the phone had to change my pants after that fucking idiot

surly it wasn't the HID kits fault he swerved.. :eusa_think:

Na I mean he should have bloody seen me with them I put my full beam on and he carried on coming over

Having closely watched the car lights ahead as I was passed by the inevitable bright-light pricks tonight, I actually wonder if the bint who rear-ended me did so because she couldn't see my brake & indicator lights through the oncoming dazzle...

Having closely watched the car lights ahead as I was passed by the inevitable bright-light pricks tonight, I actually wonder if the bint who rear-ended me did so because she couldn't see my brake & indicator lights through the oncoming dazzle...

I think I read about you getting rear ended was it going on to your drive or some thing? If so yes that could be very possible I've nearly knocked a push biker off because I could not see his lights cos of a on coming car luckily I was judging the road by the center line and he was close to the edge of the road

I think I read about you getting rear ended was it going on to your drive or some thing?

Pretty much. I was stationary and indicating to turn right... with fecking bright rear and fast-flashing blinker.

I had stopped to let three vehicles amble past.

well ! :eusa_think:

i can clearly see,, whatever lights are coming towards me , i have no problem with people having factory fitted or after market hid's ...

so why are you two having so much trouble seeing in front of your noses. :shakeno:

the only time these hid type lights did effect me was when a 4x4 stopped to let me through a narrow street in the pitch dark.

he had stopped on a sleeping police man and his lights hit the back of my head almost burning a hole in it.

a simple solution on my halve was to switch my lights to the side lights :spin2: and the 4x4 did the same .. problem solved in this case..

I can see clearly in very low light, more than the average person. But when someone comes blaring past with high beams on at 60mph, on an unlit road from round a bend, I get blinded.

Just about every driver I have met has this problem to a vast degree, so Kev you are one of the lucky few. But as you pointed out, being stopped on the speed bump meant you got full HID high beam in your face. The drivers we're talking about have theirs set like this permanently, which is why every fucker is getting blinded.

Pretty much. I was stationary and indicating to turn right... with fecking bright rear and fast-flashing blinker.

I had stopped to let three vehicles amble past.

Ouch not good glad your hear To tell the tale tho

Ouch not good glad your hear To tell the tale tho

Photos of the rebuild coming soon... Wasn't much visible damage overall, although it's cost a fair bit, nonetheless.

Hope to have it back on the road by the end of this week!!

Photos of the rebuild coming soon... Wasn't much visible damage overall, although it's cost a fair bit, nonetheless.

Hope to have it back on the road by the end of this week!!

Wicked have you been back on a bike since? As I know a few people who have been a bit worried of Geting back on to a bike after they have had a accident I've had few crashes but motox crashes so nothing to major best thing I found to do is jump straight bak on it when possible and take it easy for a bit

Wicked have you been back on a bike since? As I know a few people who have been a bit worried of Geting back on to a bike after they have had a accident I've had few crashes but motox crashes so nothing to major best thing I found to do is jump straight bak on it when possible and take it easy for a bit

No, I have not been back on a bike since... not a real one anyway.

I was given an Arse-Bandit 1250 S by the insurance hire company, but I was so glad to see that go, I cannot describe it!! :lol:

Just don't let nerves get the better of u as I did first ever time I come off and guess what come off again cos I was worrying to much and haha fucking insurance company's

Well I was rear-ended while stationary, so that's all I'll be watching for.

But nah, it's all good. I was riding all through Winter still and this week is possibly the longest I've not ridden in a few years.

However, I'll be back on the FJ and up the MoT centre in less than 24 hours from now...

If all goes well there, then my beloved Battle-Bitch and I will be reporting for combat duty the *very minute* my insurance gives me clearance... literally, I'll scan the cert, email it and be on the phone to them while the engine is warming up!!

Hahahaha lovely sounds like a kooshty plan so much shit on the roads at the mo im having to clean the dt every day it's disgusting

Hahahaha lovely sounds like a kooshty plan so much shit on the roads at the mo im having to clean the dt every day it's disgusting

• Like 1