Registering import bike on Chassis nbr - Bennets won't touch me :-(

DutchFJ1200
This post is 3837 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon guys,

Remember my 'new' FJ-1200 ?

Applying for UK reg. through DVLA and they want MOT cert (check!), proof of identity (check!), application form (Check!), original former reg.docs (Check!), HMRC vat sorted (Check!), EEC cert of conformity (Check!) and .....................................................valid insurance cert.

I'm a client (was with 2 bikes for 6years) with Bennets and they won't F**&^%$£)*(&^% touch me - 'No Sir we wont accept you with chassis nbr. only' - Ok so if DVLA won't give me a plate without insurance - and you won't insure me without plate - How the F$^£"&**&^% am I going to get a UK plate !!

Boo hoo hoo .....UK's number one bike insurance co...... my arse.

Rant over !!

Any pointers ?

Thanks,

Dutch out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a word with Lee Bike insure he will tell you how to get round this I'm sure, very helpful people, send him a PM.

Hi dutch,,, as from April 2013 , i think if its an import . you need a N.O.V,A. number from customs, :eusa_think: ,did you get this when duty was paid,, And i insured my Z900 with Carol nash, fully comp , on frame number,,, this lasts 1 month , if no plate by then , cover drops to 3rd P.F&T.

Hi dutch,,, as from April 2013 , i think if its an import . you need a N.O.V,A. number from customs, :eusa_think: ,did you get this when duty was paid,

Hi Blackhat,

Yup did the HMRC online registration & declaration last night. Quite a cumbersome experience but in the end my VAT totalled 0 so all sorted.