why is my insurance so expensive

marcus1994
This post is 3760 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It could be many things.

Higher cost to repair

More likely to be stolen

More people crash on one

I am not saying any of these are true in this instance but these are likely to be the reason(s).

Your 19 that about says it all !! When you get to 59 you can look back and say I pay 1/5th of that now. All insurance is loaded against you, if you were female you might get it a bit cheaper (not allowed now, thank you EU) but for now you have to suck it up and smile like you enjoy having your arse reamed.

• Like 1

Quite similar looking machine's, should be round about same speed and just as much a target to thieving little bastards

have you changed to a much newer bike so increased value

Age of your self and the bike boosts up the price, plus you need to think about the ADMIN charge of them changing the details on the excel spread sheet which is normally £40-50 (cost me £50 just to change one letter on my post code when i moved house!)

If its not garaged that bups up the price and what ever lock you have on it too.

When I looked at getting an Aprillia 125 the insurance quote was triple the cost of my SR125! Before I got the SR I looked at all different bikes and the 'sportier' they looked, even with all the restrictions in place, the more expensive it was.

• 3 weeks later...

I can only imagine that it's down to your age? I have just passed my CBT with no NCB or riding experience and my first insurance quote for my YBR was around £500, and I'm brand new to all of this (I'm 25 and with MCE) :/

I used advice from here to try and find the best quote, I don't know if it will help:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/motorbike-insurance

EDIT: And that's fully comp, I could have got it around £300 Third Party.

Edited by doodlefool

aye, i enjoyed a good moan about it aswell - put alot of bikes i was looking out in the "out of the question" book.

thankfully i managed to get my FZ6's insurance down to just over 300 quid if i remember right, thats me being 20 with 4 years no claims.

should have asked your insuranve what security items e.g. chains, disk locks make a difference with your price - the often save more than it costs to buy them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online