Yz125 problem

Irishyz125
This post is 3850 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello first post here thanks in advance for all the help. I have a 2000 yz125 and after about 10min of riding it will bog and die no matter how much kicking you do it still won't start you have to wait hours and it will start and ride perfect for another 10min. Supposedly a new piston 3 weeks ago and has a full doma racing pipe.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello! WHO ARE YOU? :eusa_think:

Where do you come from?

Hi, Ok I will take pity on you. Imagine if you will walking up to a complete bunch of strangers and asking them how to fix/repair/modify your bike without saying "HELLO" first, would they ignore you or worse? My point is that it's usual to say Hi in the "new members" section before you start asking questions, your not alone in doing this and to be sure you won't be the last and truth to tell we tend to take the piss a bit when this happens, no offence intended just having a laugh at your expense, so if you would be kind enough to trot over to the section mentioned and write a bit about yourself that would be great, if your stuck for what to say then read some of the other entries to get you up to speed, there are some good ones and some bad ones, if you do a bad one then you already know what to expect. By the way Welcome to the YOC we like new folks to join in and hope your not to pissed off about the ragging!!! :jossun:

Haha no not pissed just thought I had joined a club full of weirdos but all good! From Ireland have had Chinese bikes and quads for the last few years all off-road. Decided to get a decent bike but as always it's not...and thus that's why I'm here.

Haha no not pissed just thought I had joined a club full of weirdos but all good! From Ireland have had Chinese bikes and quads for the last few years all off-road. Decided to get a decent bike but as always it's not...and thus that's why I'm here.

You have!! :biglaugha:

Hello first post here thanks in advance for all the help. I have a 2000 yz125 and after about 10min of riding it will bog and die no matter how much kicking you do it still won't start you have to wait hours and it will start and ride perfect for another 10min. Supposedly a new piston 3 weeks ago and has a full doma racing pipe.

Is it getting enough fuel.

Does it have a spark after it dies.

Is it overheating

Is it easy to start when cold.

Have you good compression,,,,,,(supposedly new piston)

Check for spark right after it dies,most likely the cdi is at fault or the pick up coil is both have that same way of acting when the get hot

bike runs fine cold but dies when hot.

get the resistance specs for the pick up coil,stator,and inginitoin coil,warm the bike up till it dies then check them all with a multi meter set in the ohms scale,if they pass +- 10% then the cdi is at fault.

As most dealers now use manuals in cd or pdf form they will make you a cd copy for 20-30 bucks or print you off sections of the manual for a small fee.well at least they do here.

Welcome to the YOC.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online