new members? who are you

liquidcooled
This post is 5555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Ive already written a few posts but may aswell introduce myself.

I'm going to uni at the moment studying Media Technology, which I'm doing because of my love of music.

Got into biking after I managed to blag a derestricted ped. It cornered quite well and was good for 70 so I was happy. Then decided to pass my test so borrowed by bosses 125 which was a cheap chinese copy of the honda cb125. Now on my first proper bike (YZF-R6) which some would say is far too powerful for someone of my riding experience. Its great fun though and I can't wait till friday when it gets derestricted.

Regards

Robbie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Hi There,

Just logged on to this forum, yes another new bee......

Have wanted to ride a bike for years,

passed cbt

bought a sr125 ('cause thats what I learn't on)

came of 4th time out

still nursing the broken leg!

OUCH! Dizzy..hope the healing hurries up for the good weather coming B)

Welcome aboard mate, and any other forum voyeurs start posting unless your another weirdo like mozzy ;)

you fucking brighton batty boy :lol:

S'pose I'd best start posting...... Old, leathers in "Fat Bastard" size, all year round rider (have y'seen the triffic traffic round the North Bristol rim?) and the slowest on a track day. Also, compiler of a biker's slang dictionary many years back. No, I don't want to get it up to date - it was too much like hard work.

the trarffic in north bristol is shit mate

Edited by mozzy

• Admin

How would you know mate ;)

Anyway hiya Dizzy... just reminded me of an old computer game :lol:

NES%20Fantastic%20Adventures%20of%20Dizzy%201.jpg

Massive 2 meg game!!! :lol: Anyway enough of this retro crap... welcome aboard!

Hello everyone,

well this is the first time ive joined an on line club.

I just recently got a Yamaha 600 TT(S).

Goes real well but am having real trouble trying to kick start it.. It starts then seems to loose idle..

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Regards,

Doofiz :)

:wavey: Hi all, from what I've read so far it sounds like I'm an old timer (50 this year), had bikes most of the time since I was seventeen. Had a short break when kids came along and took all my money.

Took a lot of hard work & a very understanding wife to get back on 2 wheels after that.

Years ago had a Bonneville, went out from work at lunch time for a drink at a pub in the Cheshire country side, late going back to work, chasing through the lanes, old guy on a tractor waving for me to slow down, gives him 'V', flat out round next blind bend, combine harvester right across the road, oooopppss.

Don't know how I stayed on but I did!

Been off a couple of times since though, hurts doesn't it :(

As I'm a boring old git I'll list bikes I've had or used:- mates Puch VZ50(got me started), Honda CB250, BSA 250 Starfire, Triumph Tiger Cub, Yam DT250, Triumph Bonny, kids, Kwak Z200, Honda CB250RS, Suzi GS550, Kwak GT750, 600 Divi, just got a FJ1200 so I can do a bit of long distance before I'm too old for it. As posted elsewhere I'm going to Spain in June with my son, he has a FZR600 at the moment. Can't wait :D:D:D

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I'm Tris

I am 16 but i live on a farm so i can ride my bike. My first experience with bikes was a couple of years ago when i made a go-kart with my dad's help out of a Kawasaki KZ200, i then put a 250cc barrel on it to get more speed! This always broke :angry: so i moved on. My dad then found his bike, a yamaha DT250. I rebuilt most of because it was very old and it goes but it isnt reliable at all! which is annoying. I also saw a Honda CBR600 with broken spokes on ebay, so i bought it with the hope of putting the engine in some other vehicle.

PIPERSMAN63 here. Im from Southwestern Vancouver Island BC. I get the Pipers from my beloved Pipers Pale Ale, and the 63 is my birthyear. Just in the process of selling my 1997 Bandit 1200s, and just bought a 1990 Yamaha FZR 1000. Im quite partial to yamahas, of the seven bikes i have owned five of them have been Yamahas. And i guess thats why i joined this site. ;)

Hi all! Im new to this forum. Ive just got a 1991 XJ600, pre diversion. Unfortunately its restricted to 33bhp. Flat as a fart, Ill need to get that off, any pointers?

Oh and Im 23, new to bikes, and Im a truck driver. :D

Brand new member and rider from Florida. 37 with two kids and a wife who is already jelous of my new bike. I am wondering why I didn't get a bike sooner been wanting one since I was 16. I am going to my safety course this weekend but am already the proud owner of a Yammy! Here's a pic.

IMG00228.jpg

Nice bike, i used to own a 1996 YZF 600.

Hiya , Im new as well , Im Jason, 26 , I live in the south lakes with my two bulldogs and the girl friend :D .

Im new to biking having only passed my test in november , Even before i did my DAS I had bought my R6 , i fell in love straight away lol. I had it a month before I passed and didnt even take it out !!!! Twas a hard month lol .

Here she is , I have only stayed local due to rubbish weather , so when I get out and about a bit ill post more pics :)

P251208_1450.jpg

if you're fairly new in here why dont you post up a wee bit about yourself, how you got into bikes, any funny/interesting biking tales to tell? the more people get to know each other the more chat comes, we've got plenty of members here so start talking! :)

i did post a bit about myself when i was told about the site but as virtually nobody could be ars*'d to reply or even post a welcome there ain't much point in bothering . Funny i actually thought that normal people that share a love ov all things bike related would become a great bunch of folk to chat to but by the looks of things i was totally and completely WRONG. I ride a thou exup everyday come rain , hail, sleet or shine and i love it !

i did post a bit about myself when i was told about the site but as virtually nobody could be ars*'d to reply or even post a welcome there ain't much point in bothering . Funny i actually thought that normal people that share a love ov all things bike related would become a great bunch of folk to chat to but by the looks of things i was totally and completely WRONG. I ride a thou exup everyday come rain , hail, sleet or shine and i love it !

You got 8 replies to your first post on Jan 2 at 1.14am - and seeing as it was just after New Year then thats not a bad count.

The only ones you did not get any replies to is the one where you told us a bit about yourself then continued to tell us about your business - happen at that time no one was interested in having any polishing done and, as a few had already replied to your first post - that would explain the lack of replies. Then there was the for sale one - happen no one wanted the exhaust - hence the lack of replies.

I think if you take a look back at what you have actually posted then you will find plenty of replies.

Personally i cannot see your problem - maybe you would like to enlighten me :question:

Oh and welcome to our new members - the band will be along shortly to welcome you in - feel free to help yourself to drinks and nibbles ;)

Suppose its about time I put my two pence worth in eh..

Ok, Im Kelly, im 32, resurrected my love for bikes in 2007, otherwise always had a BMX and gee gee's lol. After a while, swapped 4 legs for 4 wheels but always wanted a bike. Marriage, houses and "Domestic bliss" ensued for the next few years but then so did the d.i.v.o.r.c.e. (in the words of Dolly Parton)

So following a few years playing at 'Singledom' I went for the CBT and passed my test last August after learning on an ER5...hunted high and low for the suitable bike, being a shorty (5ft 2" and a fag end), had ruled out the R6 completely due to the height until I clapped eyes on this beasty in my local Yam shop. It just felt right and I bought it there and then...the rest is history as they say. If I knew how to post pics into these things Id show ya! Anyway...loving my bike, the people ive met so far, the runs we have been on and am now a 'Winter hater'...frustrates the hell outta me when I kick her up, clean her off and put her safely back in the garage (like yesterday - feckin snow).. :angry:

So there ya go...if you want know anything else, shout up.

Tra :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online