Just a hello

Underdog
This post is 3885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As it says really. No bike as of yet, looking for an xvs 125 in the south wales area to get me going. I'm just an old man who's taken 7 years to convince his wife that a bike is a good idea. Hope to pick up omething suitable during winter and strip off all the uneeded bits ready for spring and CBT, though working 6 days a week leaves little time. Anyway, hello, read a lot of the forum already.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great first bike mate. Got mine a little while ago and still love it.

Don't tell the wife. Just show up with it one day....that's what I did with my old Suzuki.

The peace and quite for the days she wasn't talking to me were bliss. I'd heartedly recommendit.

:welcome:
They might not let you do the CBT on it due to the big turning circle. Heard that from a few XVS owners before.

I hadn't planned on using it for the CBT (just with hassle of transporting it there), its all good with the wife, she's agreed (and is paying) which is nice as we work together all week so I'm happy I don't have to go with your plan :D though I done similar with a Les Paul a few months back.

Thanks for the welcome. Just need to find something local enough, and get removing bits.

• Like 1

Ha, underdog is a name that's been in my life for a long time, even named my shop it :D

I'm happy to spend what it costs (if that makes sense) I want a tidy reliable bike that I can chop I change bits on to make it look how I want, and probably repaint it too in the process. So looks isn't an issue but generally with most things the well maintained ones also look nice.

:welcome:

Welsome Underdog! XVS125 is a cracking little bike one of which many of us have owned/started on. it was my first bike too and the first one i chopped.

Good luck and hope to see some pics of it some time in th future!

Lucky guy. I did it the other way round. I bought the bike the wife bought me the guitar :spin2:

Oh the wife paid for the guitar(s) too, I'm starting to see why she spends so much time annoyed with me if I'm honest :D sadly while I waited for the wife's approval I missed out on the perfect pre chopped bike on evilbay

Noise, I spent last week looking through your build threads on here, much inspiration taken from you. Though my adjustments will be a lot more basic due to skill level. But I'm sure in time I will have a hundred and one questions, so sorry in advance for that.

Dont let your skill level stop you, use it to teach you, im no mechanic nor a metal fabricator i just get stick in and if it looks shit i blame the dogs, throw it out and start again. you make mistakes (i did by buying a pissing Honda CB160 tank that looks like a toaster!) just crack on!

Hi Underdog & Welcome to YOC good luck with search. just be patient don't go buying one just co's its local and available the right one will come along and its good time of year to buy (end of summer) price's should be lower so you should get a better bike for the money. if you know someone who knows about bike's ask them to have a look a any potential purchase you could also ask on here what to look for with that particular model, their are lots on here who own or have owned them and I'm sure you'll get loads of helpful advise

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online