SR125 Clutch problem

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3876 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to save you more thinking time...in the olden days we used to make a plasticine funnel and let gravity do the work ;)

that's how I do it, bluetack also works.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well I'm not quite sure what's happening now - going to work this morning and when I release the clutch, the bike moves off really smoothly, the clutch doesn't appear to slip and there is no secondary engagement of gears! The clutch lever is adjusted back to almost minimum and the push lever returns to the exact point it should do!

Now to get a new speedo gear thing as the old bearings are shot! Can't wait to see an accurate reading on my dial instead trying to find the average! Mine is an '94 model - anyone know when it changed? I've got a feeling it was late '80's and then around '02?

Have you oiled the cable now Andrew?

Yes mate - sorted it dinner time today with a good load of oil using blue tac as a funnel. By the time I finished work it had all soaked through. I managed to get a load in last night from the opposite end and forcing the cable in and out. The outer casing has some light damage and had started rusting, mixing with old oil. Thick rust and oil came out eventually in lumps! Looked just like the mother in laws gravy.

Definitely! Took me ages to free it up properly and I got bloody cold. For £7 I'll be getting one - beats the time I spent pissing around with it. Glad I took a second look at my 'free' cable.