how much does a xvs 125 engine weigh

dan28
This post is 3884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Should be close to about 80-100kg. Not 100% sure tho as i never took mine out the frame, but the 650 draggy motor is FOOKING heavy i can tell you that one for free ha ha

More or less than a ton give or take a half a ounce.

LOL not more than 150 lbs it's the heavest part of the bike though!

The bikes dry weight is 144.0 kg (317.5 pounds) - Ref'd from Bikez.com - so I'd take it the engine is maybe about half of that.

The Crank on my 650 was 30ish KG which is the heaviest part then add on the wieght of every thing else its comes in close to 50-60kg so for a 125 its gotta be about 40kg (roughly)

Dan, See Steph g's post and work it out for yourself! Easy really.

The rm 125 would weigh in at about less than half of the xv aprox 60% less,are you thinking of stuffing 1 in?

In the case of bike weight the rm's motor is not the same % of bike weight biger shock and forks add more to the % of weight no valve train components only, 1 rod and piston. lighter crank ect..

• 2 weeks later...

The rm 125 would weigh in at about less than half of the xv aprox 60% less,are you thinking of stuffing 1 in?

In the case of bike weight the rm's motor is not the same % of bike weight biger shock and forks add more to the % of weight no valve train components only, 1 rod and piston. lighter crank ect..

yes I m thinking of putting 1 in

it will put my insurance up by £27 pound a year :hah:

Dan" they"l be no bottom end torque, with the RM125, clutch slipping a must at the lights,, murder in town.. :eusa_doh:

Dan" they"l be no bottom end torque, with the RM125, clutch slipping a must at the lights,, murder in town.. :eusa_doh:

hmm never thought of that

how about a dt engine they already have a stator to run lights too

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online